Round 2 - Storm vs Warriors @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Christian Welch has had a lot of head knocks over his career.
It genuinely concerns me.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Changes I would make for the Knights game fitness permitting:

Munster > Pezet
NAS > Welch (HIA stand down)
Blore > Lewis
Fa’alogo > Wishart

We need some size and strike, we look much more lethal with those 4 changes.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I do't think Munster will be back until the round after the bye.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeh they will hold mun back till after the bye now we have won RD 1 and 2
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Leave nas and munny till after the bye. Its a long season and there's no sense rushing them back only to risk ongoing niggles.

I feel like last week's effort left some of the guys a little flat, I'm also quite sure that the warriors really gave it everything to try and break that embarrasing now 15 year streak of no wins in Melbourne.

I'm stoked that the boys played to the death, and found a way to get the points, would have been really easy to just give up when the lead was outside a converted try so close to full time.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Best pun of the year relating to the best try of the year from the League Unlimited forum. It's now called a Coates Hanger!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome is going to get a week for shoving the ref. Surprised it wasn't more of a big deal last night.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:50 am Jahrome is going to get a week for shoving the ref. Surprised it wasn't more of a big deal last night.
So the ref found another way to provide a saloon passage for the Warriors...

I didn't realise this happened at the time, too busy looking at the huge overlap
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:48 pm Reimis Smith gets it wrong every single time. Such a poor defender.
I have an observation to make about posting during the game. Some of us read the comments post match and I'm sure, like me, some will wonder what the comment was in reference to, usually, but not always I can work them out. Maybe the addition of a "minute mark" during the game could be noted?

I've just grabbed this as an example
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sometimes the "poor" defence is because of a well executed attacking play from teams who know our defensive style. Thought all three tries from the Warriors' wingers were that. I'm sure there would be something to nitpick that we did wrong defensively but sometimes you just have to tip your cap.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reimis a poor defender? That’ll do me :roll:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The entire point of modern backline plays is to trap our FB close to the ruck on one side of the field, then inject your own fullback on the opposite side to create the overlap.

Bellamy, from day dot has had the defensive philosophy to keep the middle tight and if the opposing backline play is good enough to beat us on the outside (plus our scramble), so be it. And it is hard to argue against its effectiveness.

That being said, sure, poor decisions can be made by centres. It is the hardest position in the field to defend in.

But also, to some casual fans, the centre jamming in causes the overlap. Not always. Probably not even often. What decision has the half made? What about the second rower? Bellamy won’t tolerate a SR strolling through because our centre and winger decided to stay wide in case of a pass.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is very rough for Jahrome to cop a charge because the ref decided to stand in the middle of the play. What is Hughes supposed to do? Let him score untouched and rely on the bunker calling it back? The quality of the bunker calls makes that option not a great one.

Not even sure Jahrome knew it was the ref. He only had eyes for the ball and moved “someone” out of the way to try and make a tackle.

I would be tempted to contest that charge.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Last year, Penrith five-eighth Jarome Luai escaped a ban for shoving touch judge Chris Sutton in the back.

At the time Luai said it was an innocent mistake. Like Hughes, Luai was charged with contrary conduct but was hit with a $1,800 fine rather than a suspension over the incident in May.

Onto the daily telegraph website. One plays for the nrls favourite team and one plays for us. Would the outcome be the same if Hughes fights it.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would like to know how similar the two incidents are because that is pretty shit