Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Black Dot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:14 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:24 pm Moeroa, Anderson and Ieremia have all re signed for next year
Moeroa I can understand, Anderson at best a reserve winger but Ieremia?
We usually re-sign players that have had long term injuries eg Welch, Jennings and now Ieremia.

Happy with Moeroa staying, can bend the line, surprised he missed out on finals line up this year.

Agree re Anderson, a depth signing, who wouldn't cost much and Bellamy knows what he is getting if he needs to play in NRL
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would Raymond Faitala-Mariner add anything to our roster/forward pack ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:51 pm Would Raymond Faitala-Mariner add anything to our roster/forward pack ?
Was thinking the same thing but apparently he is a really bad trainer and doesn’t like authority so I can’t see him doing well under bellza
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I mean I thought they already were signed soooo

well at least I knew Dean was cause the last training session we had he was training alone and finished before the others and was going inside. I spoke to him and he said he had re-signed and was told he had to be back first day of pre season and Proberly had to do IDQ again now his ACL was better
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still yet to sign a player from another club for the 2024 season.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

I was reading on the Falcons Website that Grant Anderson was originally signed as a centre. I wonder how he would go as a Seve replacement.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seve is far superior
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Barely worth discussing.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Really strange one for me giving Ieremia and Anderson especially new deals, we have too many wingers as it is, we are already going to struggle to fit Meaney and Sua in somewhere, I know I’ve been shot down on this many times in the past but I really believe either Warbrick, Coates or possibly both are looking at a shift to the centres, they are both big boys, 190cm plus and 100kg plus, Warbrick I think has the tools to be a great centre it’ll be interesting to see what the set up is in pre season, Paps and Sua will both be in the 17 so something has to give.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

PSM NRL Accredited Agent and Marketing Officer Joshua Traficante will be joining the Melbourne Storm in their Recruitment department.

Source: Pacific Sports Management Facebook
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:27 pm PSM NRL Accredited Agent and Marketing Officer Joshua Traficante will be joining the Melbourne Storm in their Recruitment department.

Can he find us a Centre? Or play there himself ?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:22 pm
ALX22 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:27 pm PSM NRL Accredited Agent and Marketing Officer Joshua Traficante will be joining the Melbourne Storm in their Recruitment department.

Can he find us a Centre? Or play there himself ?
... and a forward that can break / bend the line.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall has flown to Melbourne for a meeting with Storm star Justin Olam in a sign that he is seriously weighing up a move for the Papua New Guinea international.

Sport Confidential revealed last month that the Storm and Tigers had discussed a swap deal involving Olam and Tigers forward Shawn Blore.

It is understood Marshall has now held face-to-face talks with Olam as the parties mull over a move that would add starch to the Tigers backline and give Olam a chance to re-establish himself as NRL star.
Olam was out of favour in the latter stages of the year in Melbourne, although he was brought back for their finals run. Regardless, the Storm have given him permission to explore the market as they set their sights on strengthening the middle of the field.

Blore went up for grabs on November 1 when he entered the final year of his deal and it is believed he has his heart set on a move to Melbourne. He is due back at training next week and it appears highly unlikely any swap deal will be finalised before then, if at all.

Marshall is also mulling over a multimillion dollar move for Penrith superstar Jarome Luai – it is believed talks have been held but no formal offer has been made to the NSW five-eighth.

Daily Telegraph
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Seems the Olam - Blore swap is a done deal, Fox are reporting it’s close to being wrapped up, I like it a lot Olam is past it as we all know and Blore is a hungry young beast who can form a lethal back row combination with Katoa moving forward, no more Loiero hopefully 🤞
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:27 pm Seems the Olam - Blore swap is a done deal, Fox are reporting it’s close to being wrapped up, I like it a lot Olam is past it as we all know and Blore is a hungry young beast who can form a lethal back row combination with Katoa moving forward, no more Loiero hopefully 🤞
As much as I agree with your sentiment I cannot go past those that allow it to happen