Munster calls Melbourne Home

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great news.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yep, ss Doliphins and Bennett!
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

With the spine locked up and a number of squad players resigned plus some useful additions things are looking good for next year…

Long term, whenever the post CB era begins, whoever gets the big gig should have a decent roster to work with..
Utha
Squall
Squall

Storm_M_36 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:59 pm Yep, ss Doliphins and Bennett!
Sydney media can suck the big one too. They all had him gone.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can’t understate how big this is for the club.

I think we can all admit the end of this season was underwhelming particularly with suggestions Bellamy’s going to finish up soon.

But Munster signing on to stay shows a huge investment and faith in the Storm’s future.

It could also potentially hint that he knows about the future coaching structure and Melbourne’s plans moving forward.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder if he's back in the leadership group or even a co-captain next year?
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Could be Co captain for me. Just no say in short drop outs please 😀
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wayne Bennett now having a world class hissy fit about Munster not personally calling him to say he's not coming (in other words letting Anasta do the job he's paying him to do 🙄).
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:56 pm Wayne Bennett now having a world class hissy fit about Munster not personally calling him to say he's not coming (in other words letting Anasta do the job he's paying him to do 🙄).
Ah yes , Wayne Bennett - a man of impeccable morals . Ask his son-in-law Ben Ikin what kind of man Wayne Bennett is.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:56 pm Wayne Bennett now having a world class hissy fit about Munster not personally calling him to say he's not coming (in other words letting Anasta do the job he's paying him to do 🙄).
I can’t be alone in thinking this but doesn’t this kind of expose that he was being approached by another club before November 1?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The real kicker for me is that he's openly talking about approaching latrell Mitchell too but saying 'if he's on the market on November 1' which shows he does know the rules. As usual though, they don't apply to him, just like when he broke covid protocols that he helped write to go to a restaurant mid lockdown.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

riders of the storm wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:40 pm
I can’t be alone in thinking this but doesn’t this kind of expose that he was being approached by another club before November 1?
That's exactly what I thought. Highly hypocritical is our Wayne
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 am
riders of the storm wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:40 pm
That's exactly what I thought. Highly hypocritical is our Wayne
It is as dumb as it gets but the Dolphins could talk and agree to anything - provided that the talks are not about any years that a player is contracted to another club (unless that player has permission from their current club to do so).

You can agree to money, years etc but can’t sign anything until November 1.

The tampering question is raised if during those talks a player is encouraged by the Dolphins to break their current contract.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Which he publicly was on multiple occasions but the excuse that the dolphins don't play yet so weren't tampering because of it was used 🙄