Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cooper Johns announced as officially leaving Storm.

All the best for the future.

His last couple of games were clearly his best. So disappointed to see him leave now.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

His call or ours?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Writing was on the wall when they resigned Jayden Nikorema and Bronson garlick over Cooper
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah, I guess. We’re gonna be an also ran in 2023 it seems.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:29 pm Cooper Johns announced as officially leaving Storm.

Boooooo, I liked the kid. But I suppose if you're forced to play second fiddle you must look for opportunities elsewhere.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was pretty good defensively but outside of his last name I don’t understand what people saw in him. He processed things way too slowly on the field to make any sort of positive impact.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:10 pm He was pretty good defensively but outside of his last name I don’t understand what people saw in him. He processed things way too slowly on the field to make any sort of positive impact.
I really feel it is a part of our system. Unless you are the nominated one (may I say chosen one) and train day in and day out with the team then you are expected to slot in seamlessly. It has been our way, and the way of rugby league for as long as I've watched it, that the best a fill in half can do is fill a whole in the line. Whoever came in for Cronk during Origin and anyone since has been able to do little more than play adhoc - when given the ball. People might say he didn't demand the ball but most times the ball just went Munsters way this year. Does this show no trust or ... Dunno
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After feeling pretty 'meh' about Johns prior to this year, I actually thought he showed some improvement, held his own defensively, did enough in attack for a back-up (usually without much help from our disappointing forwards), and was generally the best of our fill-in halves options this year.

It sounds like Nikorima did well in QLD Cup, but I certainly wasn't impressed at all with what I saw from him in a Storm jersey, so I'm a bit disappointed that Johns is the one to go (not that he was ever going to own the #6 or #7 jersey).
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wonder if Dan Atkinson will get a train and trial deal?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warriors have released Pene, I would love him back
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 pm Warriors have released Pene, I would love him back
Agreed, I liked him
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:47 pm Warriors have released Pene, I would love him back
Heard he is a dolphin
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:11 pm
Heard he is a dolphin
Makes sense.

He did play for the Storm after all
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am really hoping storm make a play for Pene. Too good to bounce from one struggling club to the next
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.nit.com.au/melbourne-storm- ... vfrT2_RcWI

Signed this guy sounds like a really good player …a sponge