Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They won’t let him go early
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nor should they
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So if Munster goes, what's our option.

Do we manufacture a six.

Does Pezet get a shot or do we go onto the open market with a truck load of money.

Meaney is an acceptable winger but IMO is nowhere near a six replacement.
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

No point giving Munster an early release, we'll have an extra million under the salary cap but there's no one left to spend it on. He'll go okay next year, It's his last chance at a premiership and it's supposedly Bellamy's last year. Pezet might be ready for '24.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Recent junior signing Gabriel Satrick was named as the recipient of the Peter Sterling Medal after Ipswich SHS 32-6 win over Patrican Brothers College in the National Schoolboy Cup final.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What position does he play?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"Meanwhile, the Storm seem to be preparing for life after Munster and are keeping an eye on Doueihi and Matt Burton, according to News Corp journalist Michael Carayannis.

But Carayannis told NRL 360 that he fears the Tigers are playing a “dangerous game” with Doueihi given their confirmed interest in Munster could not only fall flat, but also cost them Doueihi.

“I think they’ve identified a couple of players, Adam Doueihi would be one and Matt Burton would be another that if Cam does leave, they’re the two that they pinpointed,” Carayannis told NRL 360."

And Dylan Brown as well if you read the news articles.

Is there anyone that Storm is not allegedly targeting to replace Munster ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doueihi feels like the most realistic option. Wouldn't cost as much as the other options and if Pezet develops you could move him to centre/lock if need be. The knocks on him is health and defence.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:41 am Doueihi feels like the most realistic option. Wouldn't cost as much as the other options and if Pezet develops you could move him to centre/lock if need be. The knocks on him is health and defence.
Agreed, but I reckon that Brown at the right price could be a brilliant option with Jahrome.

He's only 22 ....so would be a long term option for the Club.

Biggest logistical problem is that Storm would probably lose Pezet as he won't wait around for 5 - 6 years for Jahrome to retire.

Plus...it is highly unlikely that Brown will actually leave Parramatta
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:19 am What position does he play?
Hooker.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ennis said following Cronulla’s loss last night that the Storm should look into signing Andrew Fifita.

I think I can already guess what everyone’s reaction to that idea on here will be…
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:55 pm Ennis said following Cronulla’s loss last night that the Storm should look into signing Andrew Fifita.

I think I can already guess what everyone’s reaction to that idea on here will be…
Well as much as I hate to admit it, it did look at times as though Fifita pushed through the line and had more go forward than many of our forwards did this year. I feel really dirty even saying that 🫣🫣🫣🫤🫤
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

riders of the storm wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:55 pm Ennis said following Cronulla’s loss last night that the Storm should look into signing Andrew Fifita.

He broke my heart in 2016. If he can help rebuild it , I am ok with that. As long he is not George Rose the Second
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Happy to read this:

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... in-review/

MacDonald is certainly one to watch as he continues to develop and moves into his second season in the Storm system.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:15 pm Happy to read this:

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... in-review/

MacDonald is certainly one to watch as he continues to develop and moves into his second season in the Storm system.
Yes, direct replacement for Kenny.