Final vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ref did us no favours, but we deserved to lose.

As for Jesse getting stripped on the last play of the game?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:35 pm First half against us that's a tackle in the air.

Video ref has no idea.
Shit officiating no doubt about it. But even worse defence is what cost the game.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

I said it earlier in the year. We don’t have the pack to go far in the finals. Point proven.

Penrith for sure back to back and I honestly think they can do a 3 peat they are miles above the rest of the competition.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mstorm1999 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:37 pm We get bullied again. It’s easy to beat Melbourne. Play aggressive get in our faces and we just crumble. This team honestly isn’t built for tough finals games, that part of Melbourne seems to be gone.
Hopefully the departure of a couple of blokes on their retirement contracts sees us find a bit more grit and mongrel up front next year. And a decent captain would go a long way
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Disappointing end to the year. Will need to work on defence & discipline in the off-season.
big_m
Squall
Squall

Defense, silly decisions, and no goalkicking cost us the game. The forwards actually aimed up well in first half (jesse snd nelson both over 80m by half time) and we needed to score more when we were on top.

Raiders did their homework and knew meaney could be isolated at 6 against big men.

Proud of the boys for this season still. The injury toll would have left any other team outside the 8.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:38 pm As for Jesse getting stripped on the last play of the game?
A perfect example of his lack of effort and impact as a send off. Thanks for the service over the years Jesse, but seriously.... good riddance mate, enjoy your Queensland retirement. Dolphins recruitment must have died a little inside seeing that :lol:
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fitting epitaph for Bromwich. Stripped off him.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Genuine end of an era which is sad

Some huge servants leaving on such a down
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:49 pm Genuine end of an era which is sad

It sad, but it shows that we let them go at the right time though. That final play by Jesse, seeing kafusi bundled into touch by a half....
I'm grateful for their contributions to the club over the years, but it's clear their best is behind them.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Time for a big clean out during the off season! I doubt many in Vic will care about who wins the NSWL GF now. At least we still have some exciting AFL finals and also the GF. Also, does anybody know where our home games will be played next year during the woman's soccer WC? Until next year over and out.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hate sounding bitter but another pretty shitty way to get knocked out. Happy to say this 2022 team isn’t great but goddamn it would be nice to not have calls or lucky bounces go against us.

Having a fit and healthy elite spine will be great moving forward but man we need to recruit better around them.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

big_m wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:43 pm The forwards actually aimed up well in first half (jesse and nelson both over 80m by half time)
In the first half....
Nelson and Jesse aimed up well in the first half. Then not much from anyone but Nelson.
Jesse ran for about 20 in the second half.
Felise only had 5 carries all game, and Kenny (albeit with a stint in the head bin) 7.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:52 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:49 pm Genuine end of an era which is sad

It sad, but it shows that we let them go at the right time though. That final play by Jesse, seeing kafusi bundled into touch by a half....
I'm grateful for their contributions to the club over the years, but it's clear their best is behind them.
Very true

The only player I was genuinely disappointed in losing was Cheese and I must say he had a pretty average year anyway.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:58 pm
The only player I was genuinely disappointed in losing was Cheese and I must say he had a pretty average year anyway.
Brandon looked like he lost the care factor after he signed with the Roosters.
Wonder how he'll go when he realises he's the second choice hooker there too?