Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Tyran Wishart to miss 4 weeks with a
syndesmosis injury

Harry Grant is fine

Dean leremia suffered a high grade
hamstring injury in QCup last week, expected
to miss 8 weeks

Haven’t heard anything about Tui so hopefully his all good to go.

Kaufusi should be back this week he was at the game if not definitely last round you’d think.

How’s Tepai going, he would be a nice addition to the bench?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is Xavier likely ? Only a 7 day break - is he obliged to miss next week, or does it depend on how he pulls up ?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Complicated answer... Depends on the grade of concussion and whether he passes protocols during the week.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Yeah all depends how he pulls up, the incident honestly didn’t even look that bad didn’t look like a nasty head knock or anything so hopefully he pulls up fine we need him against the chooks tall wingers!

Who would replace him though?

Wishart is gone, Dean is gone & seve would still probably be a game away. If seve is back then logic option would be he goes to centre and Young goes to wing.

Maybe warbrick gets a shot
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warbrick, Anderson and Fa'alogo all playing wing/centre for Falcons today - one of them I imagine
big_m
Squall
Squall

Tui named on the bench so hopefully his back isnt too bad.

Young still in centres despite Seve back in reserves

Fus back on the edge.

Still no tepai from what i can see.

Lets go!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Johns back on the bench after a week off. Injury? HIA? Covid? Hopefully Tepai plays QCup again. He will be needed in the lead up to finals, I imagine they'll be tempted to give some of our props a rest at some stage.
Last edited by Lucas on Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Last regular season game at AAMI in the Storm jersey for Bromwich Bros, Fus, and Brandon.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warbrick, MacDonald and Johns drop out
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:42 pm Johns back on the bench after a week off. Injury? HIA? Covid? Hopefully Tepai plays QCup again. He will be needed in the lead up to finals, I imagine they'll be tempted to give some of our props a rest at some stage.
Lucas according to a Herald Sun article last week Johns had a leg injury.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:32 pm
Lucas wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:42 pm Johns back on the bench after a week off. Injury? HIA? Covid? Hopefully Tepai plays QCup again. He will be needed in the lead up to finals, I imagine they'll be tempted to give some of our props a rest at some stage.
Seems to get injured a lot. Not sure he'll be durable enough to replace Munster in '24.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:03 pm
Seems to get injured a lot. Not sure he'll be durable enough to replace Munster in '24.
Based on the number of players we re-signed this week and the number of players in our top 30 for next year I am not sure Johns will be here in 2023.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:03 pm
I would hope if Munster leaves then almost 7 figures worth of our cap would be used to sign a suitable replacement
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Marion Seve at centre, Tui Kamikamica is starting.

Interchange Felise Kaufusi, Tom Eisenhuth, Josh King, Trent Loiero

18th man: Young Tonumaipea

Dare say NAS starting in second row.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stadium has gates 1 and 3 open on Eastern side (as well as 2), hopefully that means they are expecting a big crowd.