Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We're going to drop like 5-6 backrowers into a pit and let them fight it out for their role on the team. Not a terrible strategy at all when you have no standouts.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That's a handy pick up, looking like the start of a solid pack.
Hopefully competition for spots brings out a bit more drive next year
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Handy replacement for Pene, cheers NZ
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 8efb5897bf

Nofo discusses how much the opportunity with Melbourne means to him. Seems like a good fella
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I said it when he was first loaned here, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t try to stick around next season.
You would think we would kick the tyres on that idea as well.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:48 am I said it when he was first loaned here, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t try to stick around next season.
Unfortunately, I think he has to go back, otherwise the whole loan thing becomes jeopardised in future.
That said, if he goes back and they aren't using him and he decides to agitate for a release, that's a different story.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And if he stays, no guarantee he's in the top 17 next year with Meaney and Coates there anyway.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:02 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:48 am I said it when he was first loaned here, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t try to stick around next season.
Unfortunately, I think he has to go back, otherwise the whole loan thing becomes jeopardised in future.
That said, if he goes back and they aren't using him and he decides to agitate for a release, that's a different story.
I completely agree with this. It’ll send a message to other clubs not to do it or risk losing stars to more successful clubs. He needs to go back. If he goes back to the Tigers and tears it up then it might even encourage sides to give the loan system a chance in future. If he breaks his contract to stay with Melbourne we’ll never hear the end of it.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed, enough contracts get broken as is, it's really damaging for the game if this simply becomes another roundabout way of doing so.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Are we resigned to the fact that Munster won’t be at the Storm in 2024?

If the reports are true - $1.5 million, we won’t come close to that nor should we. That is an amount that cripples list management.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeh his gone …he would be stupid not to take the money and run
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

itl be extremely deflating to see him go (ala Ablett to the Suns), however it would be very exciting to see how the team evolves post-munster. With a young child, I would be blown away if he stayed, the support network for him and his wife would be absolutely vital to them right now.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:18 am Yeh his gone …he would be stupid not to take the money and run
He’ll have a LOT of $$$$, but he’ll barely play in a win and will be unlikely to ever play a Final in his time there.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:13 pm
sallymay wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:18 am Yeh his gone …he would be stupid not to take the money and run
He’ll have a LOT of $$$$, but he’ll barely play in a win and will be unlikely to ever play a Final in his time there.
Agreed - they can’t win much in the next five years paying that much of the salary cap to one player
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:17 am Are we resigned to the fact that Munster won’t be at the Storm in 2024?

If the reports are true - $1.5 million, we won’t come close to that nor should we. That is an amount that cripples list management.
Anasta and Bennett making a mockery of the rules around contract negotiations. Not even trying to hide it.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately