Storm v Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No way we would be getting away with the bs the Titans have gotten away with around the play the ball tonight.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really nice reward for Young that, he’s been solid tonight. Be interesting to see how he goes against better competition.

Can tell Cooper Johns has some smarts about him but he’s so stiff and robotic. Think that’s what is stopping him from furthering his career.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 pm
Bullucked wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:42 pm
nacho wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:32 pm 60minute mark when Tino takes the run after his penalty, JB blatantly tea bags him and smiles after - good work cap I genuinely loved that
"tea bags", what?
Definitely google that please
Hahahaha, I looked it up. Hard to imagine on field but i get what you're saying
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:29 pm So we pack the scrum and the ref stops the clock. The siren goes a few seconds later and he calls off the half???

A few weeks ago after an incident, the NRL made a point that the ref decides full time, not the siren at the ground.

That isn’t an error. That is cheating. This needs investigating (/Toovey impression).
If Bellamy was to complain about every poor decision in this game, Annesley wouldn't be doing his Monday refereeing review until Wednesday.
Gough must have had his house on the Titans to win.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Great to see Young back and get a score.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Young was actually very solid. He can be proud of that effort.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Good effort and happy to take the W. Munster and grant outstanding.

Nofa and Young T looked good.

Pack did enough. Some poor defence at times . Certainly work to do for stronger oppositions

And finally. He’s took some sh1t in the past but Cooper Johns take a bow. Best performance in a Storm top. Nearly scored a few times and he would have deserved it. Been good reward. He did his job, a few try assists and his defence on Fifita was solid…
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So does Olam replace Seve or Young T?
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:47 pm So does Olam replace Seve or Young T?
replaces Maz I reckon
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to see Young back, he was solid and to finish it off with a try.

My heart was in my mouth before half time when Xavier Coates was holding his ankle.

Fingers crossed for Jahrome.

I agree re Cooper his best game for the Storm.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome’s incident didn’t look good. A variation on the usual AC joint injury we see when someone lands on an outstretched arm.

Hopefully just a scare or if AC joint, low grade.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Said it last week, but gee Munster looks to be loving playing fullback and enjoying the time and space playing there gives him.
Do we experiment with paps at 5/8 during the off season?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:21 pm Said it last week, but gee Munster looks to be loving playing fullback and enjoying the time and space playing there gives him.
I think so, looked like he never missed a beat. I'd love to see how he goes against more respectable teams, I think he would of course hold his own. Interesting to see what happens against Roosters/eels/Panthers without munny in halves
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Was just listening to Ennis after the Manley Vs Eels match and he was talking about Cheese's report and spoke complete sense. He said cheese was simply a passenger in the tackle and would have done more damage if he was to let go of the tackle. I can't see Cheese even being sighted tomorrow or whenever they do the review.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:21 pm Said it last week, but gee Munster looks to be loving playing fullback and enjoying the time and space playing there gives him.
It’s a pretty wild thing but if you were to assess him as a five-eighth or a fullback against every other player in the competition he’s potentially a top five or even top two in both positions. He’s a freak.