Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Speaking of the dolphins.....
lima lima lima duck the nrl and their limp lettuce approach. It's clear as day what the dolphins and bennet are doing, yet the nrl just sits on its hands.
Bennet and the club are deliberately feeding details of proposed offers to Munster directly to the media in a bid to get around the no formal approach rule. They know full well what they're doing and it's bloody ordinary.

I'm sure this will see another complaint from the club, and another round of silence from the nrl on the issue.

Yep, the club has other problems right now, but its not like this sort of bullshit is helping
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma reported to join the Storm for the rest of the season. I would be happy with that.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that is a massive pick up - once Xavier is back that is a good pairing!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

That is great news. Happy with that.

Refresh my memory was Nofa the one we were chasing with the Foxx swap when he wanted to leave early?
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can't be to upset with that, if warbrick can get fit and stay fit a backline of meany, warbrick, nofoaluma, olam and coats is pretty respectable.
Just need to put a rocket up the backside of the forwards.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty big upgrade for the rest of the season even if he isn't as good as people think he is. The crying over us bringing him in makes me like the move even more too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Need the club to confirm it before I let myself get excited
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:41 am Pretty big upgrade for the rest of the season even if he isn't as good as people think he is. The crying over us bringing him in makes me like the move even more too.
Blazza18 the NSW based fans crying over the Storm making up rules again or being allowed to do whatever we want is laughable.

They obviously don't realise the mid-season transfer deadline has been moved from 30 June to 1 August either last year or the year before. Personally I think 30 June is about right 1 August is too late in my opinion.

How come the Storm are the only team that do this, they ask. Obviously short memories, Penrith did the same thing with Tevita Pangai Jnr last year. Didn't hear much complaining about that. Penrith had next to 0 injuries, we have a third of our squad out.

Just goes to show how biased against the Storm your average fan is and that some of these fans that believe the rubbish they are fed by the Daily Telecrap aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:51 pm Just goes to show how biased against the Storm your average fan is and that some of these fans that believe the rubbish they are fed by the Daily Telecrap aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
Not biased so much as plain stoopid.
If there were ANY brains amongst the average NSW based Rugba League supporters shows such as Kent's program (honestly can't remember what it's called) and rags like the Daily Crap wouldn't survive.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Wouldn’t be surprised if Nofo ends up sticking around
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Unless tigers release him and don’t want him anymore that won’t be happening.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is alright for other clubs to get mid season transfers but not Storm. I can think of at these three, but there many more I am sure. Storm are not the first club to get a loan player and they will not be the last but off a sudden it is wrong. The Warriors got a couple last season because they had so many injuries but Storm's injuries' are not a problem. So lets if there is the same out rage when the next club gets a loan player for the season.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mstorm1999 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:02 pm Unless tigers release him and don’t want him anymore that won’t be happening.
I’m feeling the Tigers are about to have a big clear out. I don’t think anyone would see Nofo being in the Tigers next premiership side, but then again those players may not be born yet!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Marty Tapau has been released effective immediately from Manly to join a rival nrl club. Some creative journalism but makes me think he is a late mid season transfer?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He is going to the eels but yeh I agree