Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bootsie33
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Agree. Good list management by the Storm. Has been a solid player who had some exceptional years in his peak but will be turning 31 by the time he gets to the Dolphins with 3 years to run on what you would imagine is very good coin.

It’s the younger players and those heading into their peak years that we need to hold onto. The inflated salaries vs the stability of a successful club that has proven it develops players will test a lot of players (and their managers). Storm has a very good record of keeping the players we want to keep. And identifying the next group of players to replace them.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd rather see eisenhuth on that edge this season anyway to be honest. The silly stuff that's crept into his game has become very frustrating.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Felise's time has come but agreed its important to acknowledge how reliable he has been and his development. the crop of backrowers across the league has caught up to him. Good list decision not fighting to keep him.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with Riders of the Storm he was great in 2017. He has been solid since then. I think his best is behind him.

As you say it will give Trent or Jack a chance or if they aren't ready Tom Eisenhuth. Eisenhuth might be 29 or 30 but hasn't played a lot of footy, so is young in football terms.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After yesterday announcement of Christian staying this came as a surprise and I’m like …mehhh it’s fine
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You'd think if we are letting felise walk, probably along with Jesse, on the back of Hynes and Finucane last year, that we'd be able to find the money to keep Brandon.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui has been stood down by the club for an incident with a women

Just seems since Dave donaghy left and Justin rodski came it’s been problem after problem
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Not sure it will matter with what money they offer cheese though. He wants to play hooker and can't do that here
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:06 pm Tui has been stood down by the club for an incident with a women

Just seems since Dave donaghy left and Justin rodski came it’s been problem after problem
I don't see the link between these two statements. Did Justin have something to do with Tui & this woman? What other incidents could Justin have contributed to that Dave would have prevented? :scratch:
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good chance for generation next and the trialists to work hard and hopefully impress.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not official yet but might as well be considering Brandon has basically said it himself

Brandon Smith to the roosters
Bartos
Squall
Squall

F*** the cheese. Some of the stuff he said on that podcast was disrespectful to the storm
Utha
Squall
Squall

From being one of my favourite players to almost being dead to me in record quick time. Fair effort, that. :roll:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Such a shame (on a number of fronts) but not that surprising. I said all the way along, pressuring the GOAT to finish up in 2020 would have no impact on the Harry/Cheese issue and one of them was always going to leave also.

Best of luck to Brandon. He was one of my favourite players… but I haven’t been impressed at all with the way he has managed the departure.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm also disappointed that the Cheese has chosen to leave but it brings into sharp focus although Storm Fans will always love the club the players will normally look at as just a place where they are employed.

A good example of that is Dale Finucane when asked would he miss anything about the club and answered "No , not really".