RD 24 Storm vs Parramatta

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Really, cause I reckon everything I have said there is spot on and being an abusive troll is a bad look for you
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

riders of the storm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:50 am Is anyone else glad to hear the end of that record?

On another note: I hope the selections for the next few weeks change. If anything, the team's been trying to beat others with guile. Need more brawn.

I'm hoping what we see to rectify this is Smith starting (Grant on the bench) and a big man playing lock with three forwards (maybe four) on the bench who can all cover the front-row. This has been sorely missing for a couple of weeks I feel. Can't get get Finucane and Asofa-Solomona back soon enough really. Pene will be good cover come finals time.
Yep, very glad it's done and dusted.

Now of only I could hear the end of the doomsayers and fair weather fans who act like 1 loss in 20 is the end of days and the team is useless.

At the end of the day, only one other team has done 19 in a row, and that was in the pre salary cap, pre professional era. Melbourne did it in the pro era, with a salary cap away from home pretty much all season and after loosing one of the greatest and most influential players of all time!!
It's a massive achievement by the team, the coach and the rest of the staff and any storm fan worth their salt should be bloody proud of that and cop last night's loss for what it was... We can't win forever and all streaks must end eventually. Better now than perhaps crashing out of the finals in straight sets.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:36 am
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:29 am
six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:00 am Im not sure Bellamy actually knows what to do?!?!?

We saw what he wants to do last night and it just didn't work!!!
Yep, Craig's out of ideas, couldn't possibly make any improvements to the squad or the way the team plays.... Pack it up ladies and gentlemen.... It's over, 1 loss in 20 and the storm is cooked.

:lol:
No, Craig showed his hand last night and it didn't work.

He can go back to the game plan that did work for sure.

but that means Paps sits
Yeah, that's it mate, you keep thinking you've got more of an idea than one of the greatest coaches going.....
:lol:
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Justin Olam the ball distributor made two passes last night.

Spot on.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You call people fair weather fans and be an abusive troll for people seeing something that is obvious to most. What they tried last night didn't work. We played the other 19 games basically with a certain system which included Chris Lewis as the spare parts player and last night we actually did something totally different from what we have done for the last 19 games. People are allowed to comment as that is the whole reason for this website. To come here and debate Melbourne Storm issues and reflect on each others ideas without fear of abuse from those who think they are eltiists.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:37 am
six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:20 am Long winded dribble
I hate myself for bothering here but gee whiz you are a dribbler.
Quoted for truth
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:42 am Justin Olam the ball distributor made two passes last night.

Spot on.
I can think of at least 3, one was forward and two hit the ground which is exactly what I meant. his forward pass to Ado Carr led to the turning point of the game imo.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:43 am
six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:20 am Long winded dribble
Quoted for truth
Being an abusive troll doesn't make you right I am afraid. This is an open forum for debate. That is all anyone is doing.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:45 am
Lennart Bedrager wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:43 am

Quoted for truth
Being an abusive troll doesn't make you right I am afraid. This is an open forum for debate. That is all anyone is doing.
You haven't been abused sunshine.... Someone chose to debate your opinion, they debated that it was nothing more than dribble in their opinion. One that they are entitled to and one that I agree with.
No need to go labelling people trolls and abusive just because they don't agree with you, that's pretty poor form there buddy
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

By calling someone a dribbler, that is abuse and troll like activity.

That is totally unnecessary on this site or on the internet as a whole.

Anyway if you read the comments, its not just my opinion but other peoples opinion as well.

We are a Forward light on the field, we need to go forward through teams not sideways; we need to chose between Paps and Hynes, Brandon Smith needs to start at hooker with Harry off the bench.

Plenty of people have put that forward. We should stick to the game plan that worked on our 19 game run.

Even the commentators are saying it

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 4d56a02240

Melbourne Storm Trophy
@storm
"A whole heap went wrong - ball control was poor. We were looking for the easy option all night."

From Craig:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesse Bromwich 1 week
Harry Grant and Brandon Smith fined
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

six rings wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:02 pm By calling someone a dribbler, that is abuse and troll like activity.

That is totally unnecessary on this site or on the internet as a whole.

Anyway if you read the comments, its not just my opinion but other peoples opinion as well.

We are a Forward light on the field, we need to go forward through teams not sideways; we need to chose between Paps and Hynes, Brandon Smith needs to start with Harry off the bench.

Plenty of people have put that forward. We should stick to the game plan that worked on our 18 game run.

Even the commentators are saying it

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 4d56a02240
Nope, it's an opinion Cameron.....

But please, feel free to cart out the usual trite nonsense about netizens and online etiquette and all your other standard rebuttals you love to use any time someone points out you're dribbling, baiting or generally being a negative Nancy. You regularly lable others trolls whilst engaging in trollesque behaviour, it's rather sad really.

Ahh yes, all those great Sports reporters, commentators and bobble heads who have so much better an idea of what the storm should do as opposed to Bellamy, one of the most successful coaches going.

Here's an idea everyone! Let's sack Bellamy and let the media coach the storm as Bellamy obviously has lost the plot and has become an overnight has-been :lol: :lol:

Reality is, Bellamy know what he's doing, and the likelihood that he's just suddenly lost his ability and everyone has suddenly got his number and has him figured out and negated is laughable.
No, Craig isn't perfect and he isn't immune from criticism, but the storm are where they are by and large down to Craig's influence and input. One regular season loss does not define the season
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Posted this in another thread but Jesse Bromwich will only miss next week with an early guilty plea.

Harry Grant and Brandon Smith just copped fines.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That's good news, at least if Jessie takes the week off none of the 3 head into the finals with carry over points
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

This is great news with j brom back for finals and grant and smith not missing games!

It’s just JAC now, hopefully it’s not too bad.

I think one change that will definitely be made is b Smith to start at hooker for the first 30 then grant comes on to terrorise the middle with his energy, that has worked really well this year.

The paps/Hynes debate.. everyone has their opinions but at the end of the day Bellamy is the master coach and he will put the right team out there come finals.

In my personal opinion, smith to hooker grant to bench. As much as I love papi he just is no where near back to his best, his still looking hesitant and we gotta do what’s best for the team and our best chance of going back to back and I think Hynes combinations with the halves and b smith worked wonders, they have a more in sync combination which is understandable with how much time paps missed and how much time Hynes and those guys played together.

Bellamy will know what’s best for the team and he will make the right decision & we will be a force come finals I have no doubt in my mind.

Positive vibes guys, Bellamy is a master and he will know exactly what to do to have us firing and in the best position to defend our title ⚡️⚡️