Trial Match

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... s-on-show/

Melbourne Storm Reserves
Nicho Hynes
George Jennings
Bessie Aufaga-To'omaga (Sunshine Coast Falcons)
Jack Howarth
Isaac Lumelume
Jonah Pezet
Cooper Johns
Darryn Schonig
Tyson Smoothy (Sunshine Coast Falcons) Patrice Siolo
Trent Loiero
Chris Lewis
Daniel Atkinson
Juddha Turahui
Kruz Niutili-Schmidt (Thunderbolts)
James Atonio (Thunderbolts)
Michael Purcell (Brisbane Tigers)
Paul Ulberg (Sunshine Coast Falcons)
Jay Natapu (Thunderbolts)
Antonio Sanele (Thunderbolts)
Bronson Meehan (Albury Thunder)
Reece Clegg (Albury Thunder)
Harry Reicher (Albury Thunder)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m so happy for Kruz I’ve literally watched him grow up in the NRLVic system the last 6 years

And Dean omg 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So no Jacks or Pene
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:04 am So no Jacks or Pene
Both are injured
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is Tivalu injured as well or no longer with the club?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Really looking forward to this game. I too think it is interesting that Remis Smith is playing in the centres. i thought the idea was that he should replace Suli for the high balls on the wing.

Dean Ieremia is only the second-ever born and raised Victorian to play in the Melbourne Storm jersey that is a pretty cool claim to fame for 18 year old Belly Ache must see something special in him.

Dean Ieremia played with flair at the NRL Nines comp in Perth last year and he certainly is quick. He has deft footwork and strength although his tackling needs a bit of work. He may be susceptible to the high ball as he is only 178cm tall.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:28 pm Is Tivalu injured as well or no longer with the club?
Who ?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dean Ieremia isn't in our top 30 is he? Given he is in first grade team tomorrow assume that means he is likely to be player number 28 in our squad? Particularly with Jennings and Lumelume in reserve grade squad.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good point
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:28 pm Is Tivalu injured as well or no longer with the club?
ALX22 do you mean Kelma Tuilagi? If so, Tuilagi has joined the Wests Tigers.
Bootsie33
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

It would be Tagiolupe Tuvalu from Sydney Roosters who was announced as signing a 2 year development contract at the same time that Jonah Pezet was announced. Haven’t seen his name mentioned in any preseason updates or the Reserves squad for this weekend.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bootsie33 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:29 pm It would be Tagiolupe Tuvalu from Sydney Roosters who was announced as signing a 2 year development contract at the same time that Jonah Pezet was announced. Haven’t seen his name mentioned in any preseason updates or the Reserves squad for this weekend.
Bootsie33 good call when ALX22 said "no longer with club" I thought of someone at the club in 2020.
Bootsie33
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Scooter wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:28 am Dean Ieremia isn't in our top 30 is he? Given he is in first grade team tomorrow assume that means he is likely to be player number 28 in our squad? Particularly with Jennings and Lumelume in reserve grade squad.
Frank Ponisei said that 2 of the development listed players have really stood out so far during the preseason and there is a good chance one of them would be added to the main squad as the 28th player. He didn’t name either player but you would have to assume Ieremia is one of them. A good showing this weekend will do his chances no harm given it is an area of need.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bootsie33 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:29 pm It would be Tagiolupe Tuvalu from Sydney Roosters who was announced as signing a 2 year development contract at the same time that Jonah Pezet was announced. Haven’t seen his name mentioned in any preseason updates or the Reserves squad for this weekend.
Would you believe I actually met him today ...I mean I met a guy chatted to him had no idea who he was until he was walking away and saw Tuvalu on his shorts so I guess yes he is at the club lol
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes I'll believe it, you seem to meet them all eventually 😂