Trial Match

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am not able to go to the trail match. If anyone wants me to forward the email with the code on it I am happy to do. I have a four ticket membership
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:30 am I am not able to go to the trail match. If anyone wants me to forward the email with the code on it I am happy to do. I have a four ticket membership
I'm a 4 game membership too i believe. I've got a code I've pm'd it

Edit: ahhh I misread oops. same boat here now, have code and not going - can send to whoever.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Grammar police.
Trial match, not "Trail" match
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Also have a code for anyone interested and cannot go the the trial match
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anyone know whether there will be any coverage of the match on youtube or nrl.com?
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Should be streamed on the storm website. Theyve done it the last few years with a single camera on halfway
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully they go live again
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Newcastle Knights don't want to travel to Victoria because of COVID-19. The trial match has been moved to Albury.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hugely disappointing...Knight won’t come ...what will the roll on effect be
Tigers won’t travel to play the Tbolts Tbolts have to move
South’s won’t travel for RD 1 ducking hell the list could go on ...I just want to see Storm play like ...it’s been 510+ days since our last live game
Utha
Squall
Squall

Seriously starting to question this club’s long-term viability in Melbourne/Victoria now. These rubber ducks clearly don’t want a Melbourne-based team in “their” competition.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

When the real stuff starts, don't want to come? No worries, you forfeit. Covid is no longer an excuse.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Melbourne Storm’s entire NRL squad will be on show on Saturday with a second match added to the program at Albury Sports Ground.

Those players not selected for the official NRL trial between the Storm and Newcastle Knights kicking off at 5.30pm will get their first minutes of the season in a curtain-raiser match at 3pm.

The Storm squad to face the NSW Cup Knights will also feature four players from Intrust Super Cup affiliates Brisbane Tigers and Sunshine Coast Falcons, who have trained in Melbourne during pre-season, as well as two players from local club Albury Thunder and two Victorian under-21 players, who will get the chance to step up to a higher level of football.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to see two Albury Thunder and two Vic Under 21 players playing in curtain raiser.

Makes me remember years ago at one stage when the Storm were trying to set up the Albury Thunder as our reserve grade team.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Team named:

Ryan Papenhuyzen
Dean Ieremia
Reimis Smith
Justin Olam
Josh Addo-Carr
Cameron Munster
Jahrome Hughes
Jesse Bromwich ©
Harry Grant
Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Felise Kaufusi
Kenny Bromwich
Dale Finucane ©

Bench:
Brandon Smith
Christian Welch
Tui Kamikamica
Tom Eisenhuth
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting choice on the wing. Wonder where that leaves Jennings and Lumelume.

Assuming Hynes wasn't picked so he'd play a full 80 in the curtain raiser. Or is Eisenhuth back in front of him?