Bromwich brothers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

How lucky are we that these two guys walked through the Melbourne Storm doors as youngsters. Once again, pure recruiting genius on our behalf.

They are professional and no nonsenses blokes who are hard working, talented and a credit to the team. Quiet, unassuming but leaders in what they do on the park.

Jessie is big dominant with great footwork and when his mind is switched on, he can dominate games. Jessie should believe in himself more as when he plays with confidence and flair he is as good as any forward in the world. He can hold his own with Josh Papalii . I Loved how Jessie stepped it up in the finals. Jessie and big Nelson played at amazing levels. And when it takes 4 of the opposition to bring a player down, the opposition tire more easily and that creates gaps for the smaller, quicker players. with the new rules, that is becoming more and more obvious and should be incorporated into our game plan every week.

Kenny won the most under-rated player of the year last year on NRL.com. For years an extremely handy bench option, Kenny Bromwich has now nailed down a spot on the edge for the premiership-winning Storm. An extremely reliable performer, the younger of the brothers has become just as important to Melbourne as fellow Kiwis representative Jesse. The possessor of a burgeoning ball-playing game, Storm coach Craig Bellamy would rest easy as night knowing Kenny Bromwich is at his club. Kenny's off loading is top class. He is a former hooker i think and that is what he looks like when he carries the ball and passes. Justin Olam loves getting offloads from him.

We are blessed to have these two brothers at our Club. thank you Mr and Mrs Bromwich.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

How lucky are we that Belly-ache listened when Kenny said, "My brother can play a bit. You ought to give him a trial"?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rumor has it Bromwich Brothers will be co captains
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 pm How lucky are we that Belly-ache listened when Kenny said, "My brother can play a bit. You ought to give him a trial"?
Too true.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b922404b5a

LIFE AFTER CAPTAIN CAM

Ryan Papenhuyzen has backed the Bromwich brothers Kenny and Jesse to become the next Storm captains.

With Cameron Smith not attending Melbourne’s pre-season camp in Geelong, talk turned to who might become the next Storm skipper.

“The two that stand out are the Bromwich brothers,” Papenhuyzen said.

“They’ve been here for a while. They’re not going to lead like Cam, they’re going to lead like they are. Our whole group respects them. It’s about adjusting to other leadership styles.

“Kenny Bromwich is really calm and he strikes me as one of those people, it’s just that sort of aura and Kenny’s got that.

“There’s a few others but he really stands out.”
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Starting to feel real now ...sad
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

At least Cam left on his own terms with a premiership.

Sooner or later Harry Grant had to come in, he is the future.

But it would have been nice if Cam got to play one more game at AAMI Park. We never got a chance to say goodbye to him.