Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well Tyson has been sc falcon player of the year a few years in a row he is a pretty good player
BJ has only just joined the Falcons but he definitely knows where the try line is
And Paul has played for Cook Islands a couple of times..I know he has family and friends in Melbourne ..that doesn’t help him play though haha
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thanks Sally May. I really appreciate the run down. You see the Melbourne Storm tend to grow organically so the players in the lower levels coming up are more important than other clubs who just splash the cash. We also have the go home factor to contend with. The young blokes do get their chances under Belly ache and he is very good at regenerating from within. Culture. it is a word often used but very rarely understood. When you have got it; you want to hold onto it for as long as possible.

We have got Reimis Smith this year and at 6 ft 5 and almost as fast as JAC, I think he is going to be one of the recruits of the year. But we didn't pay overs for him and he is looking for the best fit for himself as much as we are looking for the best fit for our team. it could be a match made in heaven like the Fox was. Georgwe Jennings too is a perfect Melbourne Storm player, if he gets his chances, which he will in a long season. Remember this time last year, no one had heard of Branko Lee and he ended up a queensland hero and premiership winner. Justin Olam too was only a sliver of the player he was by the end of the year.

The Belly ache polish can improve players 15-20%. And then if they believe in themselves, they almost have a cathartic epiphany that they reach under our Club system. Look at all the players who came to the Storm as nomads and left as really high quality players.

I feel the future is secure. and We will transition into the next 10 years of success which will provide every reason for the next Generation of Storm achievers to stay at our Club.
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Evidently they are all here on a 6 week train and trial offer.

Bessie Aufaga-Toomaga once kicked 12 from 12 one day so if he gets in the team at any stage, we know who the goal kicker will be. :)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

six rings wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:01 pm The Belly ache polish can improve players 15-20%. And then if they believe in themselves, they almost have a cathartic epiphany that they reach under our Club system. Look at all the players who came to the Storm as nomads and left as really high quality players.

I feel the future is secure. and We will transition into the next 10 years of success which will provide every reason for the next Generation of Storm achievers to stay at our Club.
I think everyone is aware of Bellamy's influence and coaching ability by now, and really, that's probably the biggest reason (if not the only reason) we're able to recruit players to the Storm or to our feeder teams. The problem will come once Bellamy has retired or moved on - who will want to come to Melbourne to play NRL then?
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That is a genuine question but Bellamy and his assistant coaches will be well aware of that and will be working behind the scenes to make sure the Culture stays in the transition. From his meeting with Xavier Coates, I think Craig Bellamy is going to stay loyal to the Storm and take the job as Director of Coaching and even from the Gold Coast, he can exert a significant influence over proceedings. if the new coach is Jason Riles or Stephen Kearney, both of them have worked with Craig significantly and so that bond will stay. The transition will be smoother than some believe. You might also find Craig flies down to Melbourne for one day a week. Also, don't underestimate our recruiting arm as they remain the best in the business at looking at talent. so many players that Brisbane and Townsville have been luke warm to, we have snapped up and turned into good to great players. So our talent spotters are first class. You can see they target certain types of players as well, not just about skill. Reimis Smith is a prime example. The Foxx aso. All the way back to Crocker and Turner and Matt King. In NSW they were floating around from Club to Club but when we played against them, we see something in them that we wanted and when they become available then viola. There is a lot to our Club and Bellamy is a big part but not the only part. Frank too is very smart. but yes, players will always want to go home at some stage and we face that each year. The NRL has not done a very good job of growing the game at a grass roots level outside its traditional bases.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons have signed former NSW and Newcastle half Jarrod Mullen.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 pm Sunshine Coast Falcons have signed former NSW and Newcastle half Jarrod Mullen.
And apparently has said he is looking to impress Bellamy and frank as he is looking for a storm contract ...I could actually see him in purple
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard pass
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gee whiz, I'd rather Todd Carney.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sold on him
six rings
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It would be Belly ache's greatest ever redemption story if he could bring Jarrod back at 33 or 34 after the anabolic steroid failed test and an almost accidental drug overdose. Still never say never. Don't underestimate a redemption story, Bellache loves them.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:26 pm
Scooter wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 pm Sunshine Coast Falcons have signed former NSW and Newcastle half Jarrod Mullen.
And apparently has said he is looking to impress Bellamy and frank as he is looking for a storm contract ...I could actually see him in purple
I hope not.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely something would have to have gone seriously wrong with our halves/hooker stocks for Mullen to get a run with our first grade squad.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:54 pm Surely something would have to have gone seriously wrong with our halves/hooker stocks for Mullen to get a run with our first grade squad.
Most likely scenario would be during Origin time. Munster with Qld and if we had a couple of other injures in the halves.