Round 12 - Storm vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 pm Loving Eisenhuth at centre.
I agree. We have plenty of flair in other positions. We just need a couple of centres who can defend , and not get in the way of the wingers in attack. So for the moment happy with him - and Hynes on the other side.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:01 pm Pearce was so far in front of the line with that drop out! I can't believe it was missed.
They clamped down on that a few years ago, but that was blatant.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm Is Seve injured too?
Hit his head making a tackle in 67th minute. Went off for HIA. Hynes slotted in at centre for the rest of the game.

I thought Suli did well defensively today, given he did not have a strong Centre inside him for 67 minutes
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tino
10 Tackle Breaks
190m
1 Try
35 Tackles (1 Miss)

What a player he is turning into...
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Olam wasn't dropped
He rolled his ankle at training according to channel 9 commentator.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lucas wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:16 pm Yep if we've dropped Olam to accommodate Seve I want Craig sacked immediately.
LOL, a bit over the top don't you think. One poor decision on player selection so sack the greatest coach in the game?
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Insomniac wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm Fox Sports early diagnosis (via Andrew Voss): Cam Smith's career is over after suffering a severe knee injury. :roll:
LOL, yes what a joke. Then they show footage of Cam walking around freely, if the guy had an ACL he would be struggle to hobble.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good to get the points all things considered.

Second half, as already mentioned in this thread, it seemed as we just tried to maintain the lead rather than go for the jugular. We needed Munster to step up in terms of leadership, he wasn't bad but we needed more IMO. Also, why did we take the two when the score was 18-6. I get the maths, we go 14 up and the Knights need to score 3 times. But they were down a man, and defending repeat sets. We really should have taken the tap and gone for the try, that showed our attitude of that second half.

Also, very frustrating the 6 agains early in the game... its like the ref just wants to make a point early in the game.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 amAlso, very frustrating the 6 agains early in the game... its like the ref just wants to make a point early in the game.
Two of them were very sketchy. One of them he called held and the players got off immediately, only for him to call 6 again anyway. The ref making ruck interpretations is my most frustrating part of RL. They can call whatever they like and never have to explain it, yet it seriously impacts the game.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The second half gave a glipse into life post-GOAT.

I think Brandon is amazing. One of my favourite players. A deadset star. But nobody is Cameron Smith... Our ruck go forward (Tino excluded) was messy, our middle defence started to get sloppy and most noticibly, we lacked a calming influence and someone to guide us around the park. There were times when we made a half break and very nearly gave the ball away as a result. I remember thinking to myself, if Smithy was out there, he'd be telling the guys to settle down, get back into formation and plan for the end of set.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, we had no attacking structure in the 2nd half. Brandon for some reason was rushing things instead of evaluating what was in front of him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone think the whole cam smith injury was a ploy just to give Brandon more time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:53 pm Anyone think the whole cam smith injury was a ploy just to give Brandon more time
No...not as such.

If it was a Final...Cam would have had a needle and played on.

This time of year...it was a great chance to not aggravate the injury and give Brando game time.

What it showed me was that Storm need Harry Grant back and playing at 9.

IMHO from what I've seen of him at the Tigers...he has a more calming game style from 9.

If Brando really is team first...he will realise that the Club need to play him elsewhere to get full advantage of his game style
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Pole wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 am
Lucas wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:16 pm Yep if we've dropped Olam to accommodate Seve I want Craig sacked immediately.
LOL, a bit over the top don't you think. One poor decision on player selection so sack the greatest coach in the game?
I realise sarcasm doesn't translate over text that well, but the point I was hoping to illustrate is that it would have been idiocy to drop Olam to bring in someone as ordinary as Seve. Especially considering the Momo and Lee injuries.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:53 pm Anyone think the whole cam smith injury was a ploy just to give Brandon more time
No absolutely not.