Round 12 - Storm vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunday 2nd August
4:05pm
Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sunshine Coast

2nd vs 6th.

The Knights are coming off a bad loss to the Bulldogs. The Knights suffered two bad injuries in that game with Andrew McCollough and Conor Watson subsequently ruled out for the season. McCollough ripped his hamstring off the bone (ouch!) and Watson ruptured his achilles. Sione Mata’utia was also injured in that game, although the seriuousness I am not sure of.

The Panthers play the Sea Eagles on Saturday and I reckon Manly are a chance of knocking them off. If that happens, we could be playing for a share of top spot on the ladder. The Eels play the Bulldogs, so pending the result and possible cricket score the Eels could rack up, we may be relegated tro 2nd based on PD... But we have to win first and I don't think we will see the same rubbish from the Knights that occurred last week. They will show up ready to take it to us and our forwards will need to be ready for a fight.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:33 am Sunday 2nd August
4:05pm
Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sunshine Coast

2nd vs 6th.

The Knights are coming off a bad loss to the Bulldogs. The Knights suffered two bad injuries in that game with Andrew McCollough and Conor Watson subsequently ruled out for the season. McCollough ripped his hamstring off the bone (ouch!) and Watson ruptured his achilles. Sione Mata’utia was also injured in that game, although the seriuousness I am not sure of.

The Panthers play the Sea Eagles on Saturday and I reckon Manly are a chance of knocking them off. If that happens, we could be playing for a share of top spot on the ladder. The Eels play the Bulldogs, so pending the result and possible cricket score the Eels could rack up, we may be relegated tro 2nd based on PD... But we have to win first and I don't think we will see the same rubbish from the Knights that occurred last week. They will show up ready to take it to us and our forwards will need to be ready for a fight.
I wouldn't discount how much they are missing Daniel Saifiti at the moment either. His form for Newcastle to open the season was tremendous.

You'd think the Knights will try to start a bit faster and go a bit more expansive than they did against the Storm the last time these two played each other.

The one off the ruck stuff didn't work but when they threw the ball around in the second-half they caused a few problems.

Might be a chance of getting Jesse Bromwich back this week too.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Knights will come out firing and will have a point to prove.

Adam O'Brien would have ripped them a new one after the Bulldogs loss, he called his players entitled after their performance on Sunday.

But, if we can weather their early onslaught then I think we should still take the points. Won't be easy though, let's hope it stays dry too.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm
1 Ryan Papenhuyzen
2 Suliasi Vunivalu
3 Marion Seve
4 Justin Olam
5 Josh Addo-Carr
6 Cameron Munster
7 Jahrome Hughes
8 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
9 Cameron Smith
10 Christian Welch
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 Kenny Bromwich
13 Dale Finucane
14 Brandon Smith
15 Tino Faasuamaleaui
16 Albert Vete
17 Tom Eisenhuth
18 Ryley Jacks
19 Nicho Hynes
20 Darryn Schonig
21 Jesse Bromwich
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Indigenous Round. Nicho to snag a bench role?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Put him at centre over Seve!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Unless Jesse comes up, I think it will be 1-17 as named, noting Eisenhuth can play Centre if Bradman Best starts running all over Seve/Olam.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vete and Jacks drop out of squad.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vete's a bit stiff there. Been pretty good.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Late mail on website isn't exactly clear. Can anyone elaborate?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Late mail on website isn't exactly clear. Can anyone elaborate?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jesse starting.

The centres are Eisenhuth ( I am guessing a big body to take on Bradman Best ) and Seve.

Hynes on the bench.

Olam out -not sure if dropped or injured.

So from last week

In - Bromwich, Eisenhuth, Seve , Hynes
Out - Vete, Olam, Momirovski , Lee.
Last edited by RobbieRoss on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks. The original message didn't mention Olam so seemed like 18 playing.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:24 pm Olam out -not sure if dropped or injured.
Would be odd timing to drop him. We're missing our 3 best centres now, on top of losing Scott and Chambers in the off-season.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seve showing he's a spud early on