Round 3 - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tom Eisenhuth and Darryn Schonig drop out.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m worried about tonight’s game...cause everyone was saying how Damian cook would play amazing with the new rules and they played like shit ...I just hope it doesn’t happen to us
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I too was waiting for Damian Cook show these amazing plays everyone said he was going to do because of the new rules, but nothing but happened. But then again the 'expects' have been saying he is next Cameron Smith for years and he is not. So maybe the 'expects' were wrong again when the said the new rules would help. I don't think we have to worry because Cameron Smith is Cameron Smith and is great with old rules or rules. It won't matter there is only ever going to be one Cameron Smith, not a next or new, just ours. But I am looking forward to Brendan Smith coming on late in the half when the players are tried and running around like a mad man and seeing what he can do.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Roosters would have been planning for two weeks on how to minimise Cook’s influence off quick play the balls. Markers were running straight back and A/B defenders were turning in behind the ruck to shut down any darts from DH. That is where halves and fullbacks pushing up one pass wide of the ruck would be deadly.

Also, the Rabbits rarely got on a roll to capitalise on the new rule. Plus the 8m defensive line and early jumps that Klein allowed killed any chance Cook had.

No matter what one game says, quick play the balls will allow players like Cook to have more good games than bad over the course of the year. Plus Cameron Smith is a much smarter player and will be able to pick when to run and when to find a half.

Very excited about the game tonight. Hoping the one ref ensures consistency.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lee and Jacks drop out. We are 1-17.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Horrible start. Why would you do anything on last tackle to give the ref a reason to restart tackle count?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Watch Storm not get a six again call all game. Could of got three in that last set.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We aren’t gonno win this game...pretty much gonna struggle all year
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Don't have Fox so can't comment on what's happening but from watching the first two games this round the speed has been something I think we may struggle with.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

How are we they only team out there interfering with the ruck and we are the only team out there milking. So the Riders are a perfect football team.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:17 pm How are we they only team out there interfering with the ruck and we are the only team out there milking. So the Riders are a perfect football team.
In the first ten minutes we had our hand on the ball twice and six again for Raiders twice. In our first set Raiders had hands on ball three times no calls from the ref.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Plus Papenhuyzen scored every day of the week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:17 pm How are we they only team out there interfering with the ruck and we are the only team out there milking. So the Riders are a perfect football team.
Honestly, ruck “interpretation” is what wins games. It has happened a lot to us against the Raiders recently.

They have been allowed to lay all over us, get tangled, lay on the ground in the ruck and all good. But we don’t get off lightning quick and he waves 6 again :roll:

What are you supposed to do? Hard to play a fair game when faced with that.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Canberra were good. Horrible from the Storm. Tui walks straight back into the team. Not 100% sold on Tino, lots of errors. Too many early kicks in tackle count, NAS what were you thinking?

Jahrome Hughes is a good player but is he a half back?

Rant over.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:32 pm Jahrome Hughes is a good player but is he a half back?

Rant over.
Hahaha, one game in, or should I say back! (I've never been sold on him). I'll happily read the analysis of the game on here.