Round 1 Predicted Lineups

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Post your round 1 team here.

1.Hughes
2.Vunivalu
3.Chambers
4.Scott
5.Addo-Carr
6.Munster
7.Croft
8.J.Bronwich
9.C.Smith
10.Welch
11.F.Kaufusi
12.Stimson
13.Finucane
14.B.Smith
15.K.Bromwich
16.Asofa-Solomona
17.Kamikamica
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feels pretty cut and dry doesn't it? Not sure if there are any possible surprise inclusions?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Chambers doesn't get up tgen Seve, Olam and Earl come into consideration.

Vete, Tino F and Eisenhuth have all got claims on 17 too I guess.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vete should absolutely be in contention for a bench spot yet he hasn’t even played in any of the trials. Anyone know what is going on? Injury? I hope he isn’t on the ‘shop around’ list...
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:29 pm If Chambers doesn't get up tgen Seve, Olam and Earl come into consideration.

Vete, Tino F and Eisenhuth have all got claims on 17 too I guess.
Vete hasn't been playing and i thought Eisenhuth was poor in the trials. My 18-21 is Tino, Papenhuyzen, Earl and Blair.

And surely NAS starts with Welch coming off the bench.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I personally like Nelson off the bench for the impact.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:46 am I personally like Nelson off the bench for the impact.
Agreed. The lack of bench spark from 2017 - 2018 was quite noticeable. Brandon Smith provided some but he isn't a prop and we need that spark from our big boys coming off the pine.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tino could do that job though. He's certainly got it in his game.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

IMO not that sold on Eisenhuth . I personally think Mattpoet's team is pretty accurate for the first round. If Croft by the third round, doesn't impress than I'd say Tino in at 17 covering prop or second row with other changes at 7. I'd also suggest the spotlight will be on Will Chambers as well. He or Suli had a 2018 not to be proud of!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I like that lineup but I wonder if they will start Kenny and get Joe in off the bench. I think it's better the way it's listed here as Kenny can have more impact off the bench, but I wonder if they go with the more experienced player to start like they did with Hoffy last year.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny to me is a lock forward. That's his best spot. I've never liked him as much on the edge, for some reason he just plays better in the middle.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:31 pm Vete should absolutely be in contention for a bench spot yet he hasn’t even played in any of the trials. Anyone know what is going on? Injury? I hope he isn’t on the ‘shop around’ list...
Yourhero Vete is still recovering from shoulder surgery. He is hoping to be back in round two.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:13 am Kenny to me is a lock forward. That's his best spot. I've never liked him as much on the edge, for some reason he just plays better in the middle.
Mattpoet Kenny might be better in middle than on edge but there is no way you are picking him at lock ahead of Finucane.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Provisional squad for round one:

Josh Addo-Carr, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Jesse Bromwich, Kenny Bromwich, Will Chambers, Brodie Croft, Tom Eisenhuth, Dale Finucane, Jahrome Hughes, Tui Kamikamica, Felise Kaufusi, Patrick Kaufusi, Cameron Munster, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Curtis Scott, Marion Seve, Brandon Smith, Cameron Smith ©, Suliasi Vunivalu, Billy Walters, Christian Welch.

No Joe Stimson. Looks like Kenny Bromwich will start possibly.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

More notable observations - Ryan Papenhuyzen. Possibly considered to play fullback? Billy Walters who could move into five-eighth and Tom Eisenhuth who's a chance of nabbing a start or coming off the bench.

It'll be interesting to see what Bellamy does with Jahrome Hughes and Brandon Smith. I wouldn't be surprised if Smith comes off the bench and plays in the back-row with Bellamy running two other forwards and a utility (Hughes or Walters) to either play hooker or shift into the halves and free up Cameron Munster.