Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Enormous knobhead with a proven track record. Definitely a no IMO. Glad our club knocked the suggestion on the head last time around.

Plus he hates the Storm and digs the boot in at any opportunity. Over the Alex McKinnon issue he was absolutely adamant lifting tackles into a dangerous position were a coached technique we used to slow the ruck down. We caused Alex's injury by taking "every tackle to the nth degree".

Mason can p*ss right off.
Kya
Squall
Squall

100% agree
Can't stand the self righteous prick.

Has stuck the boot into our club at every opportunity and would be a worse signing than George Rose.

We gave Rose every opportunity but he is unprofessional and lazy and deserves to be in NSW Cup. Wants a paycheque but just look at the shape he is back in when you have training facilities, dieticians and nutritionists at your beck and call.

Seriously I get that ppl here are freaked out by the lack of signings for next year but considering we have 4 weeks and a finals series to contend, let's not lower the standards of the club in misplaced desperation.

Seriously some the names being put up to be signed Campese, Mason etc come on

We will promote our young guys which is the whole point of a junior system and have no doubt will pick up some quality replacements.

Moors might be a loss but seriously considering how injury prone he has been, it's not surprising he is taking more cash in SL and good luck to him, much like Roberts.

Glasby has finally shown glimpses but really compare his and Garbutt's progress to The Bromwichs' or Harris and Proctor at the same age.

They may a loss but only "if" they deliver elsewhere.

Truly, if we signed Mason, I would seriously consider the character of this club and where it was going.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/taylor-an ... ans-14528/

Wouldn`t be interested in Mason but I think Taylor could be a good pickup. If he was serious about staying in first grade I`m sure CB would get him firing. Don`t know how he`d fit into our cap but his price would have to have dropped after the last couple of years. A rampaging Taylor in a Storm jersey with the rest of our forwards, or even out wider, could be fun to watch :)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That story has Taylor still contracted to the Titans for 2015 & 2016. I sincerely doubt they would be looking to offload him and even if they did, he would be too pricey for us.

Haven't seen anything on TLL besides that "NRL Lurker" mention.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know moi moi is on the out at parramatta and will retire unless offered a contract but I think he would be a good pick up and cheap I assume. Get rid of rose, moors is going, noz is not in great form. Although we do have more youngens than we can shake a stick at
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote:I know moi moi is on the out at parramatta and will retire unless offered a contract but I think he would be a good pick up and cheap I assume. Get rid of rose, moors is going, noz is not in great form. Although we do have more youngens than we can shake a stick at
I may be mistaken but didn't some time ago we sign Moi Moi but he backed out of the deal. It was before the Steve Turner to the Titans scenario.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sort of. We did actually 'sign' him but it turns out it was actually his manager that forged his signature and not him who actually signed it. Believe that and you'll believe anything but that's what they say happened.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd rather we keep Rose over Moi Moi. And again, we don't need to add a veteran prop just to add a veteran prop. If we are going to do that, then I hope it's TLL.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tom learyrod lahrs signed with the storm today...will be in rugby league week tomorrow
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

F*cking awesome. Didn't think it was going to happen when nothing was said...

Excellent pick up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How long for?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very happy with the news about TLL. He has 100+ games of NRL experience plus State of Origin and test experience.

He is about to turn 29 and should have a few years left in him. He is big, strong and hard running and possesses an offload.

Hopefully he goes as well as our most recent Ricky Stuart reject (Ben Roberts).
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Love having these big tall skillful forwards like Bromwich, McLean, TLL.
Forward pack is really looking good for next season.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

After a pre season with Craig Bellamy to get any of the ricky stuart coached rubbish out of Tom he will love playing in a CHAMPION TEAM. He will learn what it is to play along side a team of champions who know their roles in a game and he will become a great player himself. Oh and the bonus of getting out of that yucky green colour jersey. How could anyone honestly like playing in that jersey
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure I only heard it yesterday...I'm sure more will come out soon

I also heard a little whisper we might be getting a former player back..one by the name Arana Tamata ... His changed his ways recently and been killing it at Newtown se might be a handy pick up to be back up to coops Blake and Ben

Let's see what happens