Storm backed by Tigerair

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just on the Storm web site.

"Melbourne Storm has unveiled an historic strip for Friday night’s Big Battle III against traditional rivals the Brisbane Broncos, including an exciting new back of jersey partnership with the re-launched Tigerair Australia"

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... rair/78637
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awesome. Hopefully Storm members can get some good flight deals from Tigerair.
Perhaps all Storm members should get instant membership to Tiger's 'Stripes' club
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good luck to Tigerair. Hopefully they're able to improve their reputation in the coming years.

They're basically testing the waters with this current deal (which I believe covers tomorrow night and I'd assume the Indigenous game later this year). Hopefully they stay on beyond that - unlike other temporary sponsors we've had.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:Good luck to Tigerair. Hopefully they're able to improve their reputation in the coming years.

They're basically testing the waters with this current deal (which I believe covers tomorrow night and I'd assume the Indigenous game later this year). Hopefully they stay on beyond that - unlike other temporary sponsors we've had.
I would have thought that Anzac biscuits would have stayed this year given they won a premiership.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hate tiger but its money in the bank for the club. Wonder if the Programmed logo will be like the way it is on the battle jersey all year round.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Odd choice for the Programmed logo. If they want to do it like that on future stuff, they should make their word mark bigger so it's easier to read. Also, why is it all so low? Move everything up. There's not enough space between the sponsors for the number - especially if it's a double digit number. It could just be a prototype Finchy is wearing, though. The Superman jersey Cam wore for the photo shoot was different to the ones the players wore on the day - and different to the ones available at retail.

Also, I also stumbled across a little bit of sponsorship-related info that's probably not worth it's own thread. I've heard we'll be switching over from KooGa to BLK next season. Same company, obviously - but still interesting.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

absentee wrote: we'll be switching over from KooGa to BLK next season. Same company, obviously - but still interesting.
Definitely. Really liked our Black Label WCC Jersey from earlier this year.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Odd choice for the Programmed logo. If they want to do it like that on future stuff, they should make their word mark bigger so it's easier to read. Also, why is it all so low? Move everything up. There's not enough space between the sponsors for the number - especially if it's a double digit number. It could just be a prototype Finchy is wearing, though. The Superman jersey Cam wore for the photo shoot was different to the ones the players wore on the day - and different to the ones available at retail.

Also, I also stumbled across a little bit of sponsorship-related info that's probably not worth it's own thread. I've heard we'll be switching over from KooGa to BLK next season. Same company, obviously - but still interesting.
Absentee I think that is because KooGa Australia pay a fee to KooGa UK to use the brand. KooGa Australia felt they were doing a lot of promotion and KooGa UK were getting most of the benefits without KooGa UK doing much work. A few sports teams such as Melb Rebels changed from KooGa to BLK this year.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the situation. It's just the way KooGa Australia has been dealing with it has been strange - moving some teams to BLK and keeping some with KooGa. Perhaps they're doing a gradual changeover with the remaining KooGa teams changing in the next year. I noticed during the last Wallabies game the sideline advertising was for BLK (with the tag line 'a change is coming') and not KooGa.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:Oh yeah, I'm aware of the situation. It's just the way KooGa Australia has been dealing with it has been strange - moving some teams to BLK and keeping some with KooGa. Perhaps they're doing a gradual changeover with the remaining KooGa teams changing in the next year. I noticed during the last Wallabies game the sideline advertising was for BLK (with the tag line 'a change is coming') and not KooGa.
Maybe it has to do with the contracts that clubs signed? Like Kooga needs to brand themselves as "Kooga" until their current deal ends, and then they can move to BLK.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So what happened with this? Was it just sponsorship for one game? And VicHealth is rear/bottom jersey sponsor today.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigerair is a two-game deal - the battle jersey and one other game this year (I'm guessing Indigenous round). Nothing confirmed beyond that but I'm thinking they'll stick around in some capacity from 2014.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see there's a "Major announcement regarding future sponsorship" to made tomorrow. Would be very happy if it's Crown to keep up their current support.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I noticed the Tigerair logo on the lower back of our jersey yesterday.If not sure just ask any raiders player as they got plenty of looks at the back of our jersey.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:I see there's a "Major announcement regarding future sponsorship" to made tomorrow. Would be very happy if it's Crown to keep up their current support.
Well, the club is having an event outside Crown tomorrow so it could be Crown re-upping for another few years. Tigerair is supposed to be there, too - so maybe it's for them? Perhaps both?

Whatever it is, I hope we'll have all sponsors sorted in the next few months. I'd like to see us go into a season with a full book of sponsors for a change - no more iron on patches mid-season.