Goldlist of pubs for Storm fans to support

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ash13
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mikey wrote: yeah I know the location isn't the best but we went there to watch AUs v NZ and they were really good
Sorry,I know this is an old thread,I havnt been on here for a while,but I think you're talking about a small place on the corner of King St and Flinders Lane,next to the Kebab shop/7-11
We are the storm,and we're #1!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just a question!!! I was reading this thread and noticed that someone put that The Limerick Arms in Sth Melb shows the Friday Night Games..How is this possible? when they are not fed into Melbourne????
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rose Madder wrote: Just a question!!! I was reading this thread and noticed that someone put that The Limerick Arms in Sth Melb shows the Friday Night Games..How is this possible? when they are not fed into Melbourne????
I'm guessing they get the Imparja feed  ???
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yes thats correct. Imparja
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks for that,I will have to read more on "Imparja' sounds very interesting !!!
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
stormdolls
Squall
Squall

Welcome back Rose Madder have certainly missed you.

Us. :fla_england: :fla_england:
Honi Soit Qui Mal-y Pense
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Why thank you kind sir,it is certainly good to be back,although I do have the potential of upsetting folks around here,but I will try to be good and keep MOST of my opinions to myself ( yer right ) ;D ;D ;D
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Mikey wrote: I thought seeing I have done a black list I would also do a Gold list of pubs that are good to Storm fans and rugby league and that we should support. I know there are some well known ones but there are also some that maybe people don't know and we should support

James Squire brewery - Docklands

This pub is good for fans of all sports and will be very accomidating. They have several big screens a good range of beers great food as well. Also as a interesting side note its the only pub in Melbourne that also has church caervices as well.

Also there is a pub in King St that are really good to rugby league fans, Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it but its near all the strip joints and is upstairs.
The Colonial? The Great Western?

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

One thing I reckon would be good would be an away match pub where Storm fans can go and watch the game together when they can't travel interstate. I know the Victory idiots have that (The Dickens) & even us Swans fans have the Rising Sun in South Melbourne. I'm going to watch the Collingwood game there on Saturday night before rushing home for the Storm-Rabbitohs match on IQ.

Also, do you guys know of the group called League of Our Own. Ok, most of them are expat Sydneysiders and generally hate the Storm.I had the misfortune of watching the 2008 GF with them; when 3/4s of the pub were going nuts when Beaver went over I was thinking WTF, am I even in Melbourne? :wtf: #-o  But they organise pubs with feeds from interstate so that people can at least watch live NRL here in Melbourne.

Their website is http://www.leagueofourown.net/ if you are interested. I'd go and watch games at their functions if more Storm fans turned up.

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

JF_Storm_Swans wrote: Also, do you guys know of the group called League of Our Own. Ok, most of them are expat Sydneysiders and generally hate the Storm.
Their website is http://www.leagueofourown.net/ if you are interested. I'd go and watch games at their functions if more Storm fans turned up.

JF
This may shock you, but League fans in Melbourne are not all from Sydney, and not all League fans in Melbourne have to go for the Storm.
I won't lie - I don't love the Storm.  I do sympathise with some of their less rabid, more reasonable fans.
I don't dislike them any more than the other 14 teams either, but the Storm admin and their deeds over the last 5 years... I dislike them almost as much as a Storm fan should.

I also don't have anything to do with running League of Our Own, but they provide a chance for us all to watch games at the same time as people in NSW and Qld.
That's a good thing, even if you don't want to watch because there may be people there who don't fawn over the Storm, but love their team instead.

Every pub in NSW and Qld is one where people who support all teams can be found, and we deal with it.
So can you?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Taliesin wrote:
Rose Madder wrote: Just a question!!! I was reading this thread and noticed that someone put that The Limerick Arms in Sth Melb shows the Friday Night Games..How is this possible? when they are not fed into Melbourne????
I'm guessing they get the Imparja feed  ???
Were they showing ch9 games live here this year? And are they likely to show 4 nations games and 2011 season? i'm new to this forum and have been looking for somewhere like this for years. Hope i haven't missed the boat.

Back in about 98-03 we used to flock infront a 60cm tele with 100 other fans at Aces Golf Driving Range in Keysborough. Then it was AllStar Cafe at Crown (with a $10 pot) and since then just latenights and IQ
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just noticed our game against the Panthers in a few weeks time will be a 3pm Sunday game. So as usual Channel Swine, will probably show the replay amongst the Pro Active infomercials at midnight. Just wondering which pubs will be the best place to watch the game with other Storm supporters.

I've previously watched at the Rising Sun on Swan Street, however I have not been there for years.

By the way, I will be very surprised if Channel Swine do show this at a decent hour.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Storm will might organise something at the Crown like they did when we played the Cowboys which was a Foxsport feed, but I am not sure if they have an Imparja feed.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

british crown in smith st collingwood always show games. 5 mins from my home so very convenient

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Mauritian wrote:british crown in smith st collingwood always show games. 5 mins from my home so very convenient

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Cheers Mauritian. Looks like it will be the British Crown for me too.