GF Banner???

All discussion / requests etc for banners, pics and avatars.
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Will the powers that be allow us to have a Grand Final banner? Did we have one in '99?
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Watching the 99 Prelim last night post victory, we had one for the prelim and grand final. Here's hoping that we get to do a grand final one!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In 99 we got agreement from the NRL to have them in every final.

This year (I believe) the NRL have agreed for the home final and the Grand Final.

My understanding is that at the moment it is the issue of tickets for the Banner Crew (this might not be the case any more).

What people need to realise is that unless the cost factor of travel, tickets and accommodation for those people involved with the Banner then it may not be a viable option to have one.

In 99 we were lucky to have someone at Honda that was supportive of Storm and also the banner idea so most of the costs could be covered through that sponsorship for that game day banner.

What will be needed is people to help make it, the 99 one took us two nights due to the weaving we did and the size it was (bigger than the AFL allowed size). It was also good to be able to use the old Glasshouse to build it as well.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

If need be we can always volunteer our roof-top for the banner on sat - it's berry big ;-)
I'm sure we could take a collection for funds too - I know I'd put in  :D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'd offer the warehouse, but apart from being a concrete floor, we'd have to put everything out on the street to have room!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have already informed Rose that the Banner can be stored at my place until it is transported to Homebush on Sunday. My understanding is that are arrangements are being made to have it flown to Sydney, couriered to my house then picked up on Sunday again by courier, just waiting on confirmation!!! :) :) :)

Cheers
Bunnies :) :)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surely there are people driving up that could transport the actual banner? The poles will be the bigger issue i would think.

If desperate, we're driving up so we might be able to squeeze it in the car if its not too big a package.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Speaking of banners,

[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

^ ^ ^ ummm what's going on with this side??
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

looks like someone taking a bucket off their head to me  ;-)

I will be bucket free this game, I actaully intend to see the game.

Oh, was there any assistance needed to bring the banner to the ground?  I will have my car in Sydney, although I guess that is probably taken care of...
*Champagne football*
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Its clearly cronk the storm trooper... ;D
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No **** sherlock. I meant what is up with the graphics around him. I cant tell what anything is. I do like the faint Webke and Lockyer (?) in the background tho.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haha, yeah its vague ill pay that...

I started it with the intention of making a GF banner, but i got distracted and stuck in Storm Trooper Cronk, The evil emperors Webke and Locky (i should have made locky darth maul) with sky and stars in the backround, the two stadiums are different shots of telstra and thats all she wrote really...
[quote="Buzz"]
[/quote]

Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Does anyone know what did the banner said in the end? We were on the opposite side to where the lads came out, so we only got the HostPlus ads.
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics