Anyone else here in the Thunder Squad?

A place to post your suggestions for Storm based songs and chants!
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Hey peoples,
Time I got posting here a bit more often.First time Storm member wanting to help lift the atmosphere a games a little.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had ticketed the Thunder Squad application on your membership form. 

At the moment things things are a complete shambles with the games at Etihad. There is GA seating behind the goals & nobody really is organised support-wise at all. The St George game was just terrible atmosphere-wise; near complete silence apart from the Dragon Army down the Gate 7 end.

Several of us (including the famous Cowbell_Mark ;-)) are wanting to change that. We organised to meet last night at the bottom of Bay 45. Despite there being only 6-8 of us I think we improved the atmosphere a fair bit.  But we need help from other Storm fans. We'll be there again on Sunday & would love for other supporters to come and sit in this area & help us get behind the team. Especially when we were losing, the crowd felt quiet last night. Let's look to change that against the Warriors!  8)

JF (the guy with the bloody big flag)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

atmosphere is only shit at etihad IMO
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dude, your flag is ridiculous.

:lol:
You had me at meat tornado.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

absentee wrote: Dude, your flag is ridiculous.

Yeah, where's the freakin yellow??  :P

Btw, there are people who make noise, not everyone needs to be constantly on the go  :?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Please guys it would be fantastic to get as many people as possible down there. Even though it is hard to get involved at Etihad it would be good to see some effort because I know a few of you would prefer better atmosphere. Like JF said, the Atmosphere on Monday was much better than the St George game but hopefully we can Emulate that on Sunday
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote:

Btw, there are people who make noise, not everyone needs to be constantly on the go  :?
Um, well if you want to be out-supported all game like we were against St George maybe. Maybe some of us want don't want to be watching games in complete silence like it was on Good Friday. If you do, then good luck to you *FACEPALM*

JF
PS:-Am bloody fixing the flag so get back in your box Absentee :P. There was any yellow on the team jersey last year so I didn't buy any. Am buying some yellow material tomorrow. It make not make it for Sunday with the yellow on it. But it should be there at the next one. Happy now!?  ;-)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just meant that the flag is so big it's ridiculous.  Nothing negative in my comment so I hope you didn't take it that way.

I'm actually surprised they let you in with a flag that big.  How big is it anyway?  How do you manage to carry it around?
You had me at meat tornado.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote: I just meant that the flag is so big it's ridiculous.  Nothing negative in my comment so I hope you didn't take it that way.

I'm actually surprised they let you in with a flag that big.  How big is it anyway?  How do you manage to carry it around?
It is about 3metres tall, but the pole I use is about 4.5 metres tall. It is a retractable pole use to those Bali flags you see outside nurseries etc etc. It reduces to 1.2metres. Is mega easy to carry around.

Flags of this size are most definitely part of rugby league culture, at least in Sydney they are. Nearly all the clubs have flags this size & bigger. Would be good to have a few more big ones at Storm games & start developing a culture.

JF
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

JF_Storm_Swans wrote:
Tigger wrote:

Um, well if you want to be out-supported all game like we were against St George maybe. Maybe some of us want don't want to be watching games in complete silence like it was on Good Friday. If you do, then good luck to you *FACEPALM*

JF
PS:-Am bloody fixing the flag so get back in your box Absentee :P. There was any yellow on the team jersey last year so I didn't buy any. Am buying some yellow material tomorrow. It make not make it for Sunday with the yellow on it. But it should be there at the next one. Happy now!?  ;-)
Seriously get over it. I and a group of others were sitting next bay over and behind you guys.  We were also making noise and cheering the team. I couldn't hear you every second of the damn game either.
Don't come in here an make out like we don't support our club!  As I said, not everyone has to constantly be making noise, some people actually take time to concentrate on the game - that does not mean we aren't supporting.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Everyone behind the goals this week I thought were superb...we really got our message across to the boys I think that the fans are here to stay. My voice is wrecked!