try song??

A place to post your suggestions for Storm based songs and chants!
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

;D hey guys i was just wondering... i stand infront of you lot usually and after every try i hear the song
"one trys a great try" and then the  doooodoooo dooo with the yeahhhhhh at the end..who created this song and how does it all go ???
[img]http://i3.tinypic.com/66ow5z8.jpg[/img]

ITS MRS HOFF! NOT MR SHOFF...
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mrshoff wrote: ;D hey guys i was just wondering... i stand infront of you lot usually and after every try i hear the song
"one trys a great try" and then the  doooodoooo dooo with the yeahhhhhh at the end..who created this song and how does it all go ???
I think Buzz created it originally and we all worked with it from there. We don't exactly have the words down pat just yet, maybe because we keep forgetting them  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It started off as:

One trys a good try,
Two trys a great try,
Three trys a .... try,
Four trys a ..... try,
Five trys a ..... try, (and so on until we were at the end of the amount of trys scored to that point, then we get the kazoos out and do a little dance)

As you can see above, i don't even remember the words we used, or at least in what order they were in. Super and Sweet were in there too. It tended to get very confusing when we scored so many trys. I don't quite recall if thats why we changed it but now we use the name or the nickname of the player who scores, in order of who scored. So for example, if Matt King scores first, then Matt Geyer, then Israel and then Turner, the song would go like this:

One trys a Royal Try (ie: King = royal)
Two trys a sponsored try (ie: Geyer is sponsored by the Bai Stand)
Three trys a God's try (ie: Israel = a reference to his name)
Four trys a sponsored try (ie: Turner is also sponsored by the Bai Stand)

However in saying all that we're even getting confused about the new words these days. Basically, we just make it up as we go  ;D  :lol:  ;D
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

You forgot the 'is everybody happy? you bet your life we are!' bit after the try song and before the kazoo's Hailstorm  ;-)

Another reason we stopped saying good, great, super, sweet etc for the tries was when we were drinking a little bit *cough* and we kept forgetting the order they went in  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

thanks for that hailstorm! at least i can maybe say a few words with u rather than mumble the words and just shout yerrrrrr at the end...lol... :laugh: this saturday im off to watch the new nrl film the final winter....looks awesome!!!

Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: You forgot the 'is everybody happy? you bet your life we are!' bit after the try song and before the kazoo's Hailstorm  ;-)
Oops...

Well then you forgot the "yeah" cheer at the end  :P (or for a brief time it was "charge" for a couple of us anyway)
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Not claiming credit for it - it's based on a drinking song I once learned in Rovers (18-26 year old Scouts) which was a little more explicit than the version we sing. Something along the lines of "Monday's an MMMMM day" (actions involved). Only reference I can find on the net so far is a PDF containing a similarly vulgar :D version of the song!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Oh, we would never be vulgar in the Bai Stand.......would we??  :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I remember hearing that song on some radio station's brekky show (think it may have been 3SR in Shepparton?) as a youngster growing up in rural Victoria in the mid 1980's. They used to sing it every weekday morning, IIRC it went along the lines of -

"Today's Monday, today's Monday
Monday is washing day, is everybody happy?
You bet your life we are!"

And they'd work backwards from whatever day it was, so for example, today being Friday...

"Today's Friday (x2)
Friday's fish,
Thursday's PAY DAY!
Wednesday's mid week,
Tuesday's roast beef,
Monday's...
Is everybody happy..." you get the idea ;-)

And we'd all sit around the old AM radio & have a good old-fashioned sing-along...  ;D
Last edited by Blitzkrieg on Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

That sounds like the "respectable" version of the song. Certainly not the version I learned, nor one that I can sing up on the hill! :)
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

i was just looking...how do i get karma?? :laugh: :D

Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Must have been fun (and rather interesting) late in the game. If you have trouble remembering three or four tries how did you go when we ended up with 9 tries?
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

One try's a good try
Two try's another try
Three try's another try
Four try's another try
Five try's another try
Six try's another try
Seven try's another try
Eight try's another try
Nine try's another try
Ten try's another try
Eleven try's another try (I got overzealous towards the end!)

Is everybody happy?

YOU BET YOUR LIFE WE ARE!