Anthony Watmough for Whom?

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

When the Storm sign Watmough who will they need to let go? Looks like Dallas Johnson has already been asked to look around. Who else do you think will need to be released to pay for Watmough?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smith, Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Johnson and Hoffman. That should just about do it i reckon.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wont be overly impressed if DJ leaves. He is the heart and soul of our team.

As for Watmough, Danny Weidler was sprouting this story (aka rubbish) on the Footy Show a couple of months ago. Unless he comes down here on a cut priced deal like Finch, there is no chance we will pick him up. I couldn't see Watmough doing that.
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Why would we want watmough??? I reckon our forwards are doing just fine .... I think this year showed the depth of talent in our forwards as injuries mounted.

And I'd take DJ over him any day .... I haven't looked close but I'm sure there's a tinge of purple in DJ's blood
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

1. Can't afford him. We would need to ship off at least two starting players to afford him.

2. Yes his attack is very good, but his defence can be Walker like.

3. On the field he's a whining grub, and divisive with it. Off it he is an absolute ****; a wretch of an excuse for a human being.

It's not going to happen. And personally, I wouldn't trade any one of the 17 from the Grand Final for him.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I...for one...am dismayed by this rumour.

Why would we want Watmough at the expense of DJ and another starting player (at least) from the 2009 GF Team.

I understand that DJ aint gonna go on forever, but we have some very handy back rowers in Hoffy, Sika and now Blairy with a heap of other guys who can also play there at a pinch.

Personally..this would be a retrograde step and one that I hope Bellyache and Kearney mull over LONG AND HARD before committing to ripping out a player who is the heart and soul of Melbourne Storm.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well all the talk is we are about to sign him, so that would be at least two of our Grand Final team gone.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

At the very least 2 of them gone. Maybe even 4 or 5.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Why are people responding to a post originated by a Manly reject ?
09_cameron_smith
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

hey what's the source for the supposed watmough transfer apart from weidler's comments a couple of months ago?

didn't waldron completely deny evey approaching him saying that it would be impossible to sign him?

worst move ever by the management if we end up losing dj for this prick.
watch out barret you poof
scott hill is not behind you in that way.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well...Frank Ponissi doesn't seem to think that it is ever going to happen.

I like the words "categorically state".

Probably choco's management team trying desperately to get him to the best League team in the country rather than Storm having any real interest (due to salary cap concerns and concerns about decimating the team).

Think about it objectively (as I have done for the last 5 minutes).....why would Bellamy want to rip out 3 - 4 or even 5 players at the end of next year just to get a down hill skier into the team.

Wouldn't make ANY sense !!!  :'(

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: Well all the talk is we are about to sign him, so that would be at least two of our Grand Final team gone.
You seem to  be the only one doing the talking!!!

If you ask me it is most likely a rumor started by his agent to try and drive up his price.... Possini has already said Storm have zero interest in him
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Taliesin wrote: Why are people responding to a post originated by a Manly reject ?
I'm not sure GTS is a Manly reject as such. He appears to just be a childish troll that dislikes Melbourne Storm. His postings and style bear a remarkable likeness to our former troll BrisbaneStorm. Take a look through posts from 2007 to see what I mean.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I will be most upset if the likes of DJ leave us to make way for that grub! Storm have already come out and poured cold water on it but never say never I reckon.

I don't want him in a Storm jersey. Ever.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most over-rated player in the game.

By a country mile.