Now we are being sued

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
peter
Squall
Squall

Williams decides to sue Storm
Steve Mascord
October 01, 2008 JUDICIARY members have lost patience with Melbourne, and panellist Darrell Williams will recommend they launch immediate legal action against the Storm.

A day after saying minor premiers coach Craig Bellamy and chief executive Brian Waldron had until grand final kick-off to apologise for questioning his integrity, Williams said it was clear they had no intention of doing so.

"I'll be seeking to resolve this through the courts and I will instigate that immediately," Williams said.

The former New Zealand and Manly star said he would call an urgent meeting this morning with NRL chief executive David Gallop and fellow tribunal members Royce Ayliffe and Darren Britt.

"Things will happen from now," he said. "I am getting that dreaded feeling that if (apologies) have not happened by now, they're not going to happen.

"When I look at any form of litigation, I'll be going after the club first and then I'll be going after them personally."

Williams said he delayed plans to call the meeting on Tuesday because he had heard the Storm might be making a statement on the issue.

But none was forthcoming.

"I have been defamed and I'm not happy about it," Williams said.

Well done you goose Waldron, why the bloody hell did you not apoligise for your outburst. Now in the most important week of the year both you and Bellamy will now have the distractions of a law suit.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Fact is a defense against defamation.  The club has nothing to worry about.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sounds like the actions of someone with a guilty conscience
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

pffft. Nothing is going to happen this week guys calm down.

IF they decide to launch legal action their lawyers won't have drafted up anything and file it in court this week. Remember its a public holiday in NSW Monday so thats another day and if it goes to Court they won't get an immediate date (don't know what its like in VIC but they are slow up this way). That will allow plenty of negotiations and mediation between the parties.

This is all just media beat up. They are running out of garbage to print. The Storm aren't worried about it right now and neither should any of you. There are much more happier things to read and look forward to. Leave all this for the lawyers to fight out.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Melbourne Storm hate train rolls on towards sunday.

Man i want this premiership more then ever after the last month
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The interesting thing in that,"The former New Zealand and MANLY star"

How on earth can the NRL seriously put a former Manly star on the judicary panel when it was more than likely that Manly and Melbourne would be meeting in the Grand Final.  Just the implication of his former association as a star of the club is obviously going to be cause of concercn for a lack of impartiality when his judgement is involved and yes, his sense of impartiality and judgement SHOULD be questioned.

I'm not saying he was openly biased going into the hearing, but whoevers idea it was to put someone who's impartiality could easily be questioned as to whether or not there are alterior motives, should be sacked.  Putting him on the panel was a pathetic decision.

As I said, not saying he was biased, but yes, he COULD have been so.  Not knowing him personally, I've no idea what he's like, but knowing how sporting associations work being involved in local sport management, and knowing how politics work, I would not be at all surprised if people were putting pressure on him.

But hey, for all we know, he may have voted to free him and the other 2 to convict him.
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
totally_fresh
Squall
Squall

Lord Reynoldson wrote: The interesting thing in that,"The former New Zealand and MANLY star"

How on earth can the NRL seriously put a former Manly star on the judicary panel when it was more than likely that Manly and Melbourne would be meeting in the Grand Final.  Just the implication of his former association as a star of the club is obviously going to be cause of concercn for a lack of impartiality when his judgement is involved and yes, his sense of impartiality and judgement SHOULD be questioned.

I'm not saying he was openly biased going into the hearing, but whoevers idea it was to put someone who's impartiality could easily be questioned as to whether or not there are alterior motives, should be sacked.  Putting him on the panel was a pathetic decision.

As I said, not saying he was biased, but yes, he COULD have been so.  Not knowing him personally, I've no idea what he's like, but knowing how sporting associations work being involved in local sport management, and knowing how politics work, I would not be at all surprised if people were putting pressure on him.

But hey, for all we know, he may have voted to free him and the other 2 to convict him.
Your entire post there is calling Williams integrity into question mate. Well out of line.

The reason he, like the other panel members, was called on as a judiciary members is because his integrity WAS found to be exceptional regardless of who he played for. Past that, I believe the judiciary is selected randomly from the options they have. I know for a fact there are at least two more former Manly players who have been on the judiciary this year, so lucky Cam didn't get a triple whammy huh? He could've been banned for life according to you blokes.

Also, why aren't you blaming your hotshot lawyer, Bellew? He, after all, is a Manly Leagues Club director. Good grief! What a conspiracy theory! Manly have the whole competition wrapped around their little finger!

Also, what is an alterior motive? You might want to learn sh*t like that before you finish your law degree.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'll tell you what's out of line, you trolling on this board. Get lost will ya. We don't want your kind on here.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

*gets deleting finger readY*
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: *gets deleting finger readY*
Nah, leave it there. Reminds us all of the scum we are up against.  :lol:
totally_fresh
Squall
Squall

Yeah, someone disagrees with your club and suddenly I am automatically "trolling" or "scum".

Fair dinkum, you live in a fairyland where your players and club can do no wrong, everyone is against you and everyone except your mob is entirely in the wrong.

Don't act like your sh*t doesn't smell.

It's call constructive debate, obviously something which doesn't pop up too often around here with the biggest potential debate being "will GI step up and play a big game this weekend" or "do you think Warren Smith is a doo doo head?" thanks to the derision of anyone who disagrees with the club mantra.

Give me a break.

[/troll out, biatches, yiewwwww]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

What these administrators just don't get is that the very sniff of a chance for conflict of interest should be dealt with quickly. It is beyond belief that a former Manly player could be on the judiciary that convicts a player for 2 matches (including a possible Grand Final against Manly).

Conflict of interest also falls into categories such as Manly's now failed attempt to sign Betchoice as a major sponsor to the club. The NRL deemed it as putting the brand of another sponsor at risk. Just two weeks later, the NRL has given their thumbs up for the Titans to start their own betting agency - so long as they don't profit from the Titans losing.

Now tell me that there won't be a conflict when the Titans betting agency decides to sponsor the club? Since the NRL has already given it permission to operate, it won't have much room. But for Manly? No go. Conflict.

What we all expect from sport, and what punters will demand in the not-too-distant future is impartiality and integrity that we don't see now. This starts with the Judiciary, and works all the way back to referees, and even the fixture which can often affect a teams performance (see the NRLs one year change of putting byes after Origin instead of before).

And as for you being a troll? You only come here when Manly V Storm are on, and you only ever push your stench-fill crap one way. Sure - our sh*t stinks, but compared to your crap? No contest! It really is like an animal crawled up your arse and died isn't it?
totally_fresh
Squall
Squall

Of course I only ever come here when Manly play the Storm, I'm not a Storm fan, so why would I sit here and jerk off about Scott Anderson and Russell Aitken?

I do the same to other forums of other teams, and for the most part I'm met with playful banter in the lead-up to a game. They buy into it and they fire back rather than curling up into their shells and crying about the world hating them. Other teams get it. Your mob simply don't, for whatever reason.

And if you want to look at a "sniff" of a conflict of interest, look no further than News Ltd running the game, and also owning one of the teams. A team that has breached the salary cap more than any other since the year 2000, yet still finds the time to whinge about getting a raw deal in the media. Talk about a conflict of interest....my god.

As for the Betchoice/Titans betting thing, it might seem a bit iffy, but the only reason why Betchoice was denied to Manly was because they wanted it as a major jersey sponsor. I believe Manly are still in talks with them about becoming a signage sponsor or involved in the club in some other way.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Have you knowledge what these salary cap breaches are from? I doubt it. Most of those who bring that up don't even know that the breaches relate to contracts that pre-existed before the NRL changed some third-party rules. The NRL knew about the contracts before the rule change, and knew the rules would make those contracts breach the cap. And yet every year they delighted in the ability to fine Storm for yet another salary cap infringement. And the club paid the fine every year. Just like speed cameras and pokies, it was revenue raising by the NRL.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

totally_fresh wrote: I do the same to other forums of other teams
So you're a serial pest then... didn't I tell you to get lost? I really don't see what joy you are getting from posting on here because you're just coming across as a d**khead...