"underbelly"

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Flew up to Sydney with my Mum on Sunday afternoon,got to the airport too early (Mum was abit paranoid the plane would leave without her) and we ended up looking in nearly every newsagency between Virgin and Qantas and every one of them had a book for sale called "Underbelly:The Gangland War".All had several copies in clear view.Just made me wonder why a partly fictional tv show is banned but a book written by 2 journos with all the facts (but doesnt name names of the people who landed the main players in the poo) is sale without a problem.
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"Underbelly - It's better than McLeods!"

I can't believe they actually banned it, the thought process i'll never understand...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Was this silly old cow judge that banned it.What made me laugh is I was reading this underbelly book on the train to work yesturday and her name came up several times in relation to Carl Williams' dad's trial.I think she has a thing against them.
lotti

the thought process is KK that justice would be better served if a television show based on real life events that lead up to current criminal court proceedings is banned in the state that the criminal court proceedings is taking place thus hopefully shielding the jury pool from further contamination.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

maybe the jury should be locked in a hotel with no channel 9 and let the rest of melbourne watch the damn show!
its times like this i wish i lived in sydney... NO wait nacho get a hold of urself
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
lotti

maybe they should but there's probably going to be appeals after appeals so those jurys need to not be influenced by the television show and CrazyAboutCooper I'm with you jurors would be able to buy the book and be contaminated that way.
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

What I've read of the book so far,it seems to be the full who did what to who,who owed who what,who killed who,who ordered the killings of who,etc.It's all there for whoever wants to read it to read.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote: the thought process is KK that justice would be better served if a television show based on real life events that lead up to current criminal court proceedings is banned in the state that the criminal court proceedings is taking place thus hopefully shielding the jury pool from further contamination.
Maybe the thought is that no-one in Victoria will watch it, so all those ugly questions about corrupt lawyers and bent cops will go away.

Well, it's worked so far....
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
lotti

only because it was banned which when it is allowed to be shown in Victoria it will probably get good ratings.
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

When it gets aired here,it will be a ratings bonanaza for Nine.
I was at the Oscars Lunch in Sydney Monday,and the cast of Underbelly were there,the guy that plays Carl Williams...my god...I had to look twice because I thought Williams was out on day release at first!
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here's something interesting...
In the chapter about Carl Williams,it states his wife,Roberta,was friends with Greg Domosavich (I know I've spelt it wrong!),the guy who was thought to of murdered Jayden Leski in Moe.
Apprently on one occassion,during a conversation that was recorded by police as the house was bugged,Roberta was telling Domosavich during a time that Williams was in jail for drug related charges,she couldn't handle her kids and it was getting too much for her.Domosavich then offered to look after them for her should she wish which she replied "You've got to be f***ing joking".Read into it what you will,I take it as that the jury got it wrong,always thought that,but anyway,just something interesting I thought I'd share.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

CrazyAboutCooper wrote: Here's something interesting...
In the chapter about Carl Williams,it states his wife,Roberta,was friends with Greg Domosavich (I know I've spelt it wrong!),the guy who was thought to of murdered Jayden Leski in Moe.
Apprently on one occassion,during a conversation that was recorded by police as the house was bugged,Roberta was telling Domosavich during a time that Williams was in jail for drug related charges,she couldn't handle her kids and it was getting too much for her.Domosavich then offered to look after them for her should she wish which she replied "You've got to be f***ing joking".Read into it what you will,I take it as that the jury got it wrong,always thought that,but anyway,just something interesting I thought I'd share.
From what I have heard, the cops knew it was him from day one but unfortunately lacked all the evidence to put him away for it as i am sure the cops know a lot of things about a lot of people/crimes but lack the evidence to convict. Doesn't mean they don't have the right person/people.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lotti wrote: the thought process is KK that justice would be better served if a television show based on real life events that lead up to current criminal court proceedings is banned in the state that the criminal court proceedings is taking place thus hopefully shielding the jury pool from further contamination.
And a television showed based on real life events is dissimilar to the overzealous media propeganda we see printed every day? Jurors sign legally binding documents in an attempt to prevent influence from external sources, but in the end this is purely ceremonial. There is nothing anyone can do to stop someone reading a paper, watching a tv show OR DOWNLOADING A TORRENT. There is no way on earth this show would have any impact on the result of those trials. Banning the show is like cutting off an arm for a hangnail.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So I hear Jarred Hayne's audition for Underbelly went well this morning in Kings Cross...
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

thinga87 wrote: So I hear Jarred Hayne's audition for Underbelly went well this morning in Kings Cross...

He is going to be a shooting star!!!!!.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND