ISSIE Gone???????

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hopefully he doesnt leave but if he does im sure we will replace him with another try scoring freak.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: Hopefully he doesnt leave but if he does im sure we will replace him with another try scoring freak.
Do we even have a recruitment manager for next season?
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

alright i have a propersition for you...who makes the signs for the end of your blogs?? ???
[img]http://i3.tinypic.com/66ow5z8.jpg[/img]

ITS MRS HOFF! NOT MR SHOFF...
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

grey sub wrote:
Andy wrote:
pauliedude wrote: Mission! He's already on a mission, a mission from god to be the greatest player in rugby league.
Oh well, if he chose to spreed the word of christianity in another country, I hope its not Iraq or Afghanistan.
I wouldn't think they would send him to a country at war.  I think I read somewhere it may be PNG.
And PNG is not Dangerous????  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Didn't say it wasn't Sub.  ;)  To tell the truth, I really don't know much about our northern neighbours at all.  But I'm sure they are not on par with what is going on in Iraq!

For the record to the other post, from a female's point of view, I don't think he's unattractive at all.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Andy wrote: Didn't say it wasn't Sub.  ;)  To tell the truth, I really don't know much about our northern neighbours at all.  But I'm sure they are not on par with what is going on in Iraq!
PNG is a basket case of a country, it has been ever since they were granted independence.  Kidnappings or simple disappearence is not out of the question up there.
For the record to the other post, from a female's point of view, I don't think he's unattractive at all.
If you were a female at home alone and he knocked on your front door with a white shirt, black tie, and a plastic name badge, and you had no idea who he was, would you slam the door in his face, fear his huge size and play nice, or actually pay attention to what he's preaching door to door?

That's what a mission is for a young LDS male - door to door prosletysing/preaching.  It's a disgusting exploitation of young adults, and is generally a pointless waste of time for all concerned as well since discussing religion with people generally ends up going nowhere.

Anyway, typically a door to door preacher/salesman would not look anything like Izzy.  Certainly not a successful one.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Personally I usually laugh at them & say Boy have you got the wrong house then shut the door.

Sometimes I even freak them out by discussing things with them & shooting them down but that depends on what mood I'm in .

As for izzy I respect him for his commitment but its not my religion.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

mrpc wrote:
It's a disgusting exploitation of young adults
Surely that's their decision. It's their commitment to make, and even if it is a result of peer pressure it is no cause of harm. Look at some of the other things peer pressure is responsible for....
...and is generally a pointless waste of time for all concerned as well since discussing religion with people generally ends up going nowhere.
The Mormons would argue that it is better to be rejected ten thousand times than to miss the opportunity to show one person the light of salvation.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

One of the fun things that hit the news a year or so ago was when some mormons got invited in, and were offered cookies.  The cookies were laced with pot, and they left somewhat affected, with the munchies, and, obviously without having converted anybody.

As for the light of salvation, that's complete BS in the first place.  It's a pity that the stupid and gullible are too stupid and gullible to realise that religion is all about extracting money from them and using power to keep them in line while making the more senior people in the religion (who are probably atheists to begin with) look more powerful. 

As for them not hurting anybody, LOL!  Religion causes plenty of conflict.

Personally my enthusiasm for Izzy's abillities is almost checked by by disgust about how he conducts his personal affairs.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrpc wrote: It's a pity that the stupid and gullible are too stupid and gullible to realise that religion is all about extracting money from them and using power to keep them in line while making the more senior people in the religion (who are probably atheists to begin with) look more powerful. 
Tell that to the Jewish people
Personally my enthusiasm for Izzy's abillities is almost checked by by disgust about how he conducts his personal affairs.
So an upstanding 18 year old who has never been in trouble with the law, never caused any violent injury, give up his time for others (in his own time) respects others because they are humans no matter their background or religion disgusts you?

I know we have been in drought but isn't this going a little TOO FAR? :shock2:

I look forward to seeing you NOT CHEER when he makes a line break, scores a try or stops a try from being scored, not even HBA members did that for Hill  :roll: :roll:
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

mrpc wrote: One of the fun things that hit the news a year or so ago was when some mormons got invited in, and were offered cookies.  The cookies were laced with pot, and they left somewhat affected, with the munchies, and, obviously without having converted anybody.

As for the light of salvation, that's complete BS in the first place.  It's a pity that the stupid and gullible are too stupid and gullible to realise that religion is all about extracting money from them and using power to keep them in line while making the more senior people in the religion (who are probably atheists to begin with) look more powerful. 

As for them not hurting anybody, LOL!  Religion causes plenty of conflict.

Bah, live and let live, each to their own  :P

As long as people don't push their views on others who the hell cares what they believe?  Life's too short to worry about what other people think about religion!!

As for me...whenever anyone comes knocking on my door with a view to saving me I politely tell them 'no thanks, I'm a satanist' - that normally has em running away pretty fast  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Far out, I'm staying out of this discussion now that it's turned to religious beliefs.

As for someone showing up at the front door, I will take my 65kg dog with me to the front door and peek through the glass, if I don't know who it is, I just don't answer.  Pretty simple really.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Andy wrote: Far out, I'm staying out of this discussion now that it's turned to religious beliefs.

As for someone showing up at the front door, I will take my 65kg dog with me to the front door and peek through the glass, if I don't know who it is, I just don't answer.  Pretty simple really.
No discussion from me about religious beliefs - I am God, end of discussion!!  ;D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: As long as people don't push their views on others who the hell cares what they believe? 
Umm, that's what I was saying.  The entire point of this thread is that Izzy wants to spend two years pushing his views onto others going door to door like most young mormons are expected to do.  That's unacceptable conduct, on so many levels.
As for me...whenever anyone comes knocking on my door with a view to saving me I politely tell them 'no thanks, I'm a satanist' - that normally has em running away pretty fast  ;-)
I'll stick with atheist, thanks.  Or maybe antitheist.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

mrpc wrote: As for the light of salvation, that's complete BS in the first place.  It's a pity that the stupid and gullible are too stupid and gullible to realise that religion is all about extracting money from them and using power to keep them in line while making the more senior people in the religion (who are probably atheists to begin with) look more powerful. 
Wow. The greatest philosophers have debated the issue of gods' existance for thousands of years, and they have been wasting their time. They should have just asked you oh wise woman. :o
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd suggest people find out what is REALLY involved in the mission work that young Mormons really do, as the door to door thing is only a very SMALL part of what is done during those two years.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]