Getting to know you: Burger & Chips

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!

Which do you eat first?

Chips
36%
Burger
20%
Mixture
44%

Total votes: 25
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Say you just bought yourself a burger and chips, do you eat all the chips first, then start the burger; or eat the burger, then start the chips, or mix it up a little?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hmm, it's a complicated process. ;)

It depends which is warmer when I get them. If they are the same warmth, then generally the chips as they go colder faster.
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Chips first, have no idea why!! My husband thinks I'm a freak because of this :(
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

My man eats his chips first - he's weird tho  ;-)
I like to (with my macca's burgers) put some chippies in with my burger and that way I have the best of both worlds, after all, they all mix up in your belly  :P :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Normally I eat the chips/wedges first, then the burger. Occasionally I do it the other way around, just for a bit of variety.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

In addition to this is the question of 'Do you drink the drink that came with you meal deal during the consumption of the meal, or be weird and wait until the meal is completely finished like Buzz does?'

No bias intended obviously. 

For the record, I eat chips at the same time as the burger, but usually finish the burger first. Riveting stuff. Drink during also.
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I usually start on some chips, then move onto the burger, then some more chips... and so on...

As for the drink, I'm 30 and still have to have a chocolate milkshake with my burger and chips - only half of this can be consumed during the eating of the meal - the other half needs to be saved for the finale.  If a milkshake is unavailable and a soft drink is the only option, I only drink it at the end of the meal (I do not mix soft drink with eating unless I'm eating a pizza).

;)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mmmmm... I'm hungry now!
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

usually put some chips in the burger, then eat all the burger before beginning what is left of the chips. ditto fish and chips - fish first, chips later.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Burger first, then chips - with the drink being drunk throughout.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Chips first. somehow do not possess the capability to eat the side dish after the main meal.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I go with the burger first.  The chips are just fillers, designed to make you thirsty and buy a drink with all th salt they put on them.  Besides, if I ate the chips first, I'd never have room for the burger. :lol:
*Champagne football*
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

My philosophy is (as ridiculed by the Teeve) is eat the chips first. I'll always have room for the burger. Chips taste better fresh, and lose their heat quicker. I save the drink for last. Two reasons - my grandfather once went off at me for drinking too much before a meal (softies that is people), and secondly, once you crack the drink, it's bubbliness expires quickly the more you crack it open. I like the bubbles (even though they gang up on me and make me burp!).
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Take top off bun - Put in chips - Put top back on bun - Chow down  ;D
Use drink sparingly to assist digestion  :geek:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Chips here, but as someone else said, they are just fillers, the burger is the good bit, but out of habit, chips.

As for the best burger - has to be the Hard Rock Cafe, best chips - Port Melbourne Charcoal Chicken