I Hate Tennis!

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Why you ask?

Well I have just purchashed tickets to the Big Day Out in Melbourne which I am really excited about! Only to be told today that it is on at the same time as the Australian Open  :x Have been having a look at hotels and nearly everything is heavily booked (there are 5 of us in total going to make it even harder).  ](*,)

I don't really hate tennis I am just really p/o about the whole situation right now
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I've heard the big day out is on at Princes Park this year..........won't that suck for having a couple of bands on at the same time??  I mean, it's not the showgrounds where you can have lots of space between stages  :?
Wonder how it will work out..........
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah its on at Princes Park this year I think they held it there last year as well because of the Commonwealth Games. Don't know what it was like I usually go the Sydney BDO but we all decided to go to Melbourne this year for something different (any excuse for me to go to Melbourne is good enough for me!). They hold HOmebake at the Domain? i think in Sydney which is a big park it was pretty good sound wise.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

hope u have fun tool will be awsome to see
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And for the first time in many years and Stormboy is only almost 21 ( in January) he has boycotted both BDO and Homebake as his and other friends protest that bands that rip other bands off should not ever be in the lineup! i.e Jet and Wolfmother, who should be sued by Iggy Pop, The Beatles and Led Zeppelin for plagiarism. And it can be done, George Harrison was sued for "My Sweet Lord"

Write your own songs and have a hit maybe, but don't blatantly rip off other artists, so that the teeny boppers who truely have no idea rush out and support you because they are lied to with the music you present as your own.

I do not have a problem, except with bloody Shannon Nole ripping off Moving Pictures with cover versions, BUT ONLY after they have established themselves with music that they have actually written themselves!

I love my music as much as I love my footy, so I can become very loud and passionate when I believe an injustice is occurring! :)

Cheers
Bunnies :)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Argh, ive had enough of wolfmother bagging...

You only started hearing this rubbish once they hit it big, ill admit to a slight resemblance to Zep and Sabb in the vocals of stockdale, but where do people pull 'plagiarism' from? i mean seriously, lyric-wise they're completely different, riff wise theyre way off, as far as i know there was no wacky keyboard solos in any Zep or Sab songs, not to mention songs about apple trees or gnomes...

Give it a breeak
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
lotti

Bunnies it's Noll not Nole.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Noll. Nob, same shit and Kimmorley Killer, you have it very wrong, how long has Wolfmother been around?? 3 years maybe?? My knowledge of music is up there with my knowledge of rugby league and I have been actively involved in the support of both for many, many years so I have both the knowledge and experience to be able to state that Wolfmother and Jet are both rip off artists and do not deserve any deserving recognition in the Australian music industry, The poonce from Wolfmother ie Stockdale's expression on his face when Bernard Fanning rightly received Album and Male Artist of the Year at the Arias was priceless! :)

Cheers
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I went to the BDO this year when it was held at PP for the first time, and thought it was a much better venue than the showgrounds, purely because there was room to escape the crowds when needed. Getting from stage to stage was a breeze as the organisers did not have to deal with pre built, usually unaccommodating buildings. Stages were purpose built instead of using cattle barns and tiny ampitheatres usualyl used for dog shows. Personally, I am thrilled that it is back at PP, especially after seeing how compacted the new Showgrounds is.

Now, Bunnies. Get stuck into Jet and Mole as much as you want. But thank god for Wolfmother, giving those subjected to listen to turds like Shannon Mole, Jet, Creed *shudder* and most of the other CRAP they play on Triple M with a decent alternative in mainstream music.

Wolfmother have openly admitted their influences are Led Zep, Sabbath, thus have created a sound that obviously reflects this. Do you call them rip offs, because their one of their huge catalogue of 12 songs sounds like a Led Zep song, or is it because they use a massive, guitar based backbone to their songs, something that Led Zep holds the mantle for being kings of. Guilty by act, or guilty by association?

Crickey, if you think Wolfmother are 'rip offs', you have just branded every single band/group/artist in today's music as they have all been influenced somewhat by some earlier band/group/artist. There will never be another band EVER that will not sound like or not be associated with some other band, it is just not humanly possible to be 'original' anymore.
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bunnies wrote: Noll. Nob, same shit and Kimmorley Killer, you have it very wrong, how long has Wolfmother been around?? 3 years maybe?? My knowledge of music is up there with my knowledge of rugby league and I have been actively involved in the support of both for many, many years so I have both the knowledge and experience to be able to state that Wolfmother and Jet are both rip off artists and do not deserve any deserving recognition in the Australian music industry, The poonce from Wolfmother ie Stockdale's expression on his face when Bernard Fanning rightly received Album and Male Artist of the Year at the Arias was priceless! :)

Cheers
What does wolfmother having been around for 3 years have to do with anything? or your knowledge of music...

I post a rant explaining exactly how wolfmother doesnt rip off other artists, and your response to back up your outrageous claims that wolfmother doesnt deserve to be recognised by the Australian music community because they rip off other artists is that you have 'music knowledge'?

How about you actually FIND me lyrics or riffs that have been 'ripped' from other bands?

Although i think Jet are shithouse sell outs, accusing them of plagiarism is a bit far, i mean there is no way the beatles would write shit like that...

Really, what your saying is that Wolfmother should be incarcerated because stockdales vocal chords have slight resemblances to Zep and Sabb...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

I quite like wolfmother
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I used to love the BDO, especially at the showgrounds, but it's just not the same anymore.  I cannot work out why, maybe because I'm getting older and the crowds are getting bigger.

Used to be even better at the showgrounds as I could sit in my front yard and listen to every set, even the boiler room still kicking on at 11pm at night.

One of my ex workmates is head rider at every BDO and always managed to get me signed cd's and all sorts of freebies. I'm not sure if there is any international band I'd want to see this year except for the Killers.  I can see Eskimo Joe, Evermore or You Am I anytime.

PS. I love Tennis - Go Andy Roddick!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:) :) Ditto!! Go Andy Roddick!! :) :)

Cheers
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I missed out on tix to the Sydney BDO, but im going to the Peaches and Muse sideshow ;)
[quote="Buzz"]
[/quote]

Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My friend told me some interesting behind the scenes stories about Peaches from a few years ago, pity my memory is like a goldfish and I cannot remember them.