Christmas Thread

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hahahahaha
I love it :thumbright:

I can add another song to my above list that I don't want to hear again, usually I can handle the traditional Christmas carols however today they had to play not the First, but the Sixth Noel and it struck me that it is another one of those repetitive songs that gets stuck in your head. After the fourth time it was played today I was annoyed and by the sixth time I was droning "Noel, Noel, Christmas can go to hell ... "

Anyway for tonight I'm going to turn this into a gripe thread ... don't get me wrong I actually really like Christmas, I like seeing relatives I haven't seen for ages, I like shopping for presents even in rush hour and who doesn't like getting presents? LOL
There are just some things in relation to the above that stress me out ....
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Firstly I'm not really looking for solutions I just need an outlet to vent about two thing that are annoying me greatly at the moment. Any questions that follow will most likely be rhetorical.

As Alix would already know I kinda like to work out what I am getting everyone, even if I leave it to the last minute to actually purchase it. At least then I know how much money to put aside for each person and for most of the 8-10 people who I buy things for this isn't too difficult. Wondering around the shops and browsing ebay I can usually find something that will please all bar one. However every year I have the same problem with one individual, my sister, little miss I only wear brand name clothes, I only want expensive things but I don't think I need to tell anyone exactly what I want.
I know what your thinking people like this can only be satisfied with a gift voucher well I don't do gift vouchers. While people are probably quite happy to recieve them my opinon is that they reflect badly on the person giving it. It says either I couldn't be bothered thinking of something you would like, or I couldn't be bothed doing the shopping so you can do it yourself.

Anyway back to Miss Impossible, one thing I know that she likes is the One Teaspoon brand clothes but as they are usually more expensive in-store than everyone elses gifts (with one obvious exception) I went looking for the brand on ebay this year I picked up a pink skirt that was advertised as "brand new" it doesn't looks brand new and it doesn't look as good as the picture either so it's not the ideal gift I thought it would be. I could give it to younger sister who is happy with any item of clothing so long as it is pink but then she wouldn't appreciate the value of the skirt (and besides the fact I have seen the perfect top for this one)

So I have a dilemma where I have spent money that I could have used to buy a more expensive item of clothing in-store and meanwhile I have a skirt that I don't know what to do with.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Venting number two ... maybe people could help with this.
I don't really know what to ask for myself.
I have come up with a few cheap ideas, books, DVDs, CDs, basically anything from the Bulldogs shop ... so I'm not really that hard to please. I don't have expensive taste in clothes and I am basically satisfied with anything so long as the pink/red is kept to a minimum in which case the person who has me as their family KK and my sisters should be able to find something however I don't know know what to ask of my parents or Thinga, the people who want to spend larger amounts on me.

I had a debate with my mum about whether I wanted new jeans, she insisted I want them because my current ones have holes in them but I like these ones. The holes aren't that noticable unless I have my legs folded (it is very small and on the knees before anyone gets the wrong idea) my question to her was how can she know what I want when I don't know what I want?
Now she tells me to go and find out what I want or else I'm getting new jeans and the ones I'm wearing are going in the bin :(

The limited ideas I have is something to do with exercise/physical activity as when I don't get the chance to expend all the energy that builds up over the week (something that happens frequently having no sport to particpate in during the summer months) I begin to drive people crazy.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Point your mum to a brand new pair of jeans that have the holes in them already! Then you'll both be happy :lol: :lol: :lol:
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

*Sung to the tune of..."Santa Claus is Coming to Town"*

You better watch out,
You better not cry,
You better not pout,
I'm telling you why,
Santa Claus is tapping
Your phone.

He's bugging your room,
And reading your mail,
He's keeping a file
And running a tail
Santa Claus is tapping
Your phone.

He hears you in the bedroom
Surveills you out of doors
And if that doesn't get the goods
Then he'll use provocateurs.

So you mustn't assume
That you are secure
On Christmas Eve
He'll kick in your door
Santa Claus is tapping
Your phone.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Allykat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/allyz.jpg[/img]
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

thats old news Al........ :)
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Happy Christmass Everyone :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

h u m b u g...

I hate retail xmas... when is the Santa Killbot coming to town.... everyone's been VERY NAUGHTY!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Further to Alix's post of the Santa game, here's another winter sport:

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

whats ur record
Allykat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yesterday in an act of selfless stupidity I agreed to work for 5 hours on Christmas Day :( Eek....But its ok cause i'm organising Lunch!!!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/allyz.jpg[/img]
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:la:
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Allykat wrote:Yesterday in an act of selfless stupidity I agreed to work for 5 hours on Christmas Day :( Eek....But its ok cause i'm organising Lunch!!!
This is the first year since 1999 where I'm not working on Christmas Day ... I won't know what to do with myself. Althought I made the mistake of mentioning this to mum as she offered to call the video store I used to work at a call to see if they needed me HA :roll:

I am working until 1am tomorrow night though ... gotta love midnight trading in the shopping centres :D

So whats everyone else get up to for Christmas, big family affair, quiet gathering, or (as I know Thinga will do) lock yourself away where no one can bug you LOL
It's always a big family thing for me but it's an even bigger one this year with young relatives down from the country (the pyscho boys as I call them) and uncle and partner coming from Qld.
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Everyone knows the real holiday is Boxing Day... :D