Joseph Tomane - now a Wallaby!!

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
roberttuz

Joey Tomane now a Wallaby - good on the kid - I still remember that season he had down here when he was scoring try after try outside Inglis.

I know he had a few issues off-field but it's good to see him getting his life back on track and now being chosen for National honours.

Well done kid! :)

New Wallaby winger Joseph Tomane would have been happy just to play one senior game this season for the Brumbies.
Tomane was one of five uncapped players named in the starting team to face Scotland in Newcastle on Tuesday.
It represented a meteoric rise for 22-year-old Tomane, who returned to union after a four-year stint in rugby league with Melbourne and Gold Coast.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/06/04/wa ... -schedule/
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not good enough to play first grade rugby league? Be a Wallaby!

Rocky Elsom wasn't good enough to play for Canterbury-Bankstown but was a Wallaby captain. What does that tell you about the standard of rugby?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

wait.. is it aprils fools.. let me check my calender.. nope it isnt.. wow.. what a joke..
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

selection policy is a joke but congrats

i remember all the hype about the kid before he started, seems like a lifetime ago when i think back.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

haven't watched him play union, he might be better at that code than league. he does have some skill and size, be interesting to see how he goes
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I remember Tomane was touted as the next Izzy about 4-5 years ago. Played a number of games on the left wing outside Inglis in '09 and scored a few tries and kicked a few goals when Cam gave up the goal kicking for a bit but his defence was absolutely woeful, the opposition loved to target him. I remember he had an absolute shocker with his defence against Manly in R24, 2009 at Olympic Park and Bellyache dropped him for Danger and he never played for the Storm again.

Tomane will be back in the NRL in 2 years, Chambers sure worked out how much better league is compared to union. Rugby Union stinks these days - the sport died after the 2003 World Cup and no one (not even the players) can understand the rules anymore.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's like an extended game of kick to kick until they get bored and run at each other so the referee blows a penalty for who knows what and someone kicks a goal.