David Hookes

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I was greatly shocked this morning to hear of the savage attack on former Australian Test player, and current Victorian Bushrangers coach.

From the reports I've heard, it was a cowardly king-hit from behind allegedly from a bouncer at the hotel.

Hookes is currently in a coma and fighting for his life after being resuscitated. Greg Chappel has apparently said to "expect the worst".

I would like all those who take an interest in sport to come down to the MCG this Friday for what was going to be a celebration of Victoria's 1000th First Class match. Victoria is taking on South Australia in a four day game, and for the event, each day of the game is free entry. On the first day of the match, there will be special entertainment during the lunch break as well as seating ON-FIELD.

Hopefully, this Friday, the Bushrangers will be able to take the field knowing that Hookesy is on the road to recovery. However, should the worst come to fruition, it would be nice to have a large turnout.

Our hopes and wishes go out to David, his family, and the Victorian Bushrangers.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i am very sad to annonce that david has died..
the bouncer has been charged....and i hope he gets life the bastard..

my wishes and prays go out to davids familt and friends :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Rumour says that this is not the bouncers first assault charge whilst working. Apparently he was charged for a similar incident at another venue in 2001.

Very sad news about David Hookes, very sad indeed.

Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

Surandy
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I just watched David's brother making the statement on the ABC. It's devastating news.

The scheduled 4-day match between Victoria and South Australia might not possibly be delayed.

I have gained an enourmous amount of respect for the way Hookes has coached Victoria this season, given that I have been able to watch most of Victoria's home games. He has given the team a new energy, and a fighting spirit that saw Victoria score 452 runs in one day with 14 overs to spare to beat NSW last weekend.

Just yesterday, the see-sawing one day game against South Australia saw SA require 15 runs off 6 deliveries - a task they completed just the week before. Victoria took the challenge and left SA 7 runs shorts of victory.

It was this victory that Hookesy was out celebrating, with SA captain Darren Lehmann (who was put into a headlock by another bouncer).

Emails of support to the family can be sent to: foundation@alfred.org.au
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

very very sad... :cry:
i have heard that the bouncer was a ameture boxer aswell and to do that to someone who cant fight and from behind is just cowardly.
R.I.P david..... :cry:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Very sad news indeed. :(
Condolences to all who new him
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

The Pura Cup match between Victoria and South Australia has been postponed until the 8th of February, "The players from both sides were simply not ready to play after what has been," said captain Darren Berry.

The rescheduled match will follow just days after Victoria is hosted by South Australia.

I will post as soon as I know the details of the game, and whether it will also be the celebration of David's life, and Victoria's 1000th first class game. I hope that what was to be free entry will be changed to a gold coin donation for the family of David Hookes.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Farewell to a legend, such a waste of life and the great man truly deserved better then that. Cricket in Australia will never be the same. I hope that croat lima lima lima duck gets what's coming to him, whether that be on the streets whilst he's on bail (disgrace), in the legal system, or in jail.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Very Very Sad indeed.

Just makes you appreciate life (living).....

Make the best of what you have 'cause it can get taken away so quickly.

GO Storm !!!!! Image
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

It was a piss poor effort that by the crowd and officials over in Adelaide today. And the "expert" commentary team at Channel Nein need new watches.

The one minute's silence pretty much didn't exist as a portion of the crowd never shut up and the "minute's" silence as indicated by Channel Nein didn't even last 30 seconds.

A very piss poor effort indeed, this great bloke deserved much better than that.

Good to hear that there will be a trophy in his honour though.

Surandy