Should we have the Victorian Super 15 Rugby team?

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
The Man
Squall
Squall

Good news , join the masses at

http://www.melbsuper15.com
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Should we? No.

This has very little to do with my disdain for modern Kick'n'clap, and much to do with the fact that I think it would be a basket case.
Australia struggles to field four competitive super 14 teams - actually, I'll take that back; it fails to field 4 competitive super 14 teams. In any given year there is usually only one Aussie team who is even a half chance of winning the comp.
Where do the additional 30 players good enough to maintain 5 teams come from? Don't say League, because it won't happen.

Without ARU support for pillaging the current teams, any new Australian franchise is likely to be - if not stillborn - at very least an 80 pound weakling.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we'l get the team, but it will fail horribly
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After being there on Saturday night can not see Melbourne getting a team now.

Forget the reported 20,000 at the game, you could have fit everyone, including the corporate and medallion club on level 2 on level 1.

If people aren't going to go (consider that AFL split round) for the only match of the national team are going to play in Melbourne how are you going to get the 15,000+ a match for a Super 15 team to to sustain it long term.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]