F1 GP goes

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No where until at least 2015.
The Melbourne race cost the state almost 35 million Australian dollars (33 million US) of taxpayer money in 2007 and has been budgeted for more than 40 million dollars this year...........

AUSTRALIA has secured the rights to host the F1 Grand Prix in Melbourne until 2015, with a new evening start to reach a greater television audience overseas, officials said Friday.

The race at Melbourne's Albert Park will start 90 minutes later at 5:00 pm (0600 GMT) from next year after a new contract was signed with Formula One bosses overnight, Victorian Premier John Brumby said.

“Next year's later start time will mean even greater television audiences in the United Kingdom, Asia and European markets, which means more exposure for 'brand Melbourne' than ever before,” Brumby said.

The new timing is an apparent compromise following pressure from F1 chiefs for Australia to hold the race at night to suit European TV audiences. The event had been in danger of being handed to Russia, India or Korea.

The Victorian state government had said it would do “whatever is fair and reasonable” to keep the event after its current contract expires in 2010, but had repeatedly refused to introduce a night race.

The government said installing the necessary lighting would cost too much. The new deal includes an agreement that no artificial lighting will be used for the race for the term of the contract.

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone said he was delighted with the new arrangement.

“I have wanted changes to the local race time so that we can increase the television audience in Europe and Asia,” he said in a statement.

“I'm satisfied that the decision to move to a later start time for 2009 races is a win for television audiences in Europe and Asia, a win for Melbourne and a win for Formula One as a whole.”

Despite the benefits of tourism and publicity for Melbourne, the Formula One race has been a costly financial exercise for Victoria.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good, looks like we still get long weekends
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormwarning[c] wrote: No where until at least 2015.
The Melbourne race cost the state almost 35 million Australian dollars (33 million US) of taxpayer money in 2007 and has been budgeted for more than 40 million dollars this year...........

AUSTRALIA has secured the rights to host the F1 Grand Prix in Melbourne until 2015, with a new evening start to reach a greater television audience overseas, officials said Friday.

The race at Melbourne's Albert Park will start 90 minutes later at 5:00 pm (0600 GMT) from next year after a new contract was signed with Formula One bosses overnight, Victorian Premier John Brumby said.

“Next year's later start time will mean even greater television audiences in the United Kingdom, Asia and European markets, which means more exposure for 'brand Melbourne' than ever before,” Brumby said.

The new timing is an apparent compromise following pressure from F1 chiefs for Australia to hold the race at night to suit European TV audiences. The event had been in danger of being handed to Russia, India or Korea.

The Victorian state government had said it would do “whatever is fair and reasonable” to keep the event after its current contract expires in 2010, but had repeatedly refused to introduce a night race.

The government said installing the necessary lighting would cost too much. The new deal includes an agreement that no artificial lighting will be used for the race for the term of the contract.

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone said he was delighted with the new arrangement.

“I have wanted changes to the local race time so that we can increase the television audience in Europe and Asia,” he said in a statement.

“I'm satisfied that the decision to move to a later start time for 2009 races is a win for television audiences in Europe and Asia, a win for Melbourne and a win for Formula One as a whole.”

Despite the benefits of tourism and publicity for Melbourne, the Formula One race has been a costly financial exercise for Victoria.

Knew this about 3 months ago but please post the source of your infomation.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Source was AAP via the Premiers media release.

With so much advance knowledge you should share with your friend the Tatts numbers
Last edited by Stormwarning[c] on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

AAS wrote:

how could u know 3 months ago? they just reached an agreement today
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote:
AAS wrote:

how could u know 3 months ago? they just reached an agreement today

There is some thing you need to know in life in the Corporate World, They need to find the best slot that the it would be good for the media in any company. 3 months ago, Someone let out that Melbourne will be losing the GP, The scoure was likely from the Save albert Park group.

AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Source was AAP via the Premiers media release.

With so much advance knowledge you should share with your friend the Tatts numbers

Hey, Stop acting like a child, scott.

We might be different compared to some area Melbourne Storm Fan Sites, but i don't what Buzz  and The Bai stand being sued.

With AAP not giving any bylines to Journalists name, It could be made by anyone if you just copy and paste it anywhere.

I do something better than getting the Tatts and/or Intralot numbers, but you got to find me and chat to me before I tell you.

So, It was not a personal attack on you StormWarning.

Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

AAS, didn't say it was a personal attack on me at all, and how is suggesting you share the tatts numbers childish :)

Just with so much advance knowledge of so many things you could make a killing at the bookies and when you have the likes of CentreBet prepared to take near any wager on anything and being so informed you'd put at least a couple of hundred on it.

I don't get down to Pakenham so I don't think we would ever catch up for a coffee for a chat, oh well.

AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormwarning[c] wrote: AAS, didn't say it was a personal attack on me at all, and how is suggesting you share the tatts numbers childish :)
Well, if that is the case then your sound jealous
Stormwarning[c] wrote: Just with so much advance knowledge of so many things you could make a killing at the bookies and when you have the likes of CentreBet prepared to take near any wager on anything and being so informed you'd put at least a couple of hundred on it.

Anyway, I have other things to deal with of My Grandfather's Death and preparing a Funeral to content with at the moment. So i have got no time to content with Sarcastic jealous person like yourself.

Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry to hear about your loss of your Grandfather and my condolences to you and your family.

Jealous? never, of anyone. If someone achieves or gets ahead good on them, that's what life is all about.