Congrats To Steve Waugh

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Congrats To Steve Waugh The most attacking Captain in Crickets History.

A pity we could not bowl out those negative Indians to give him a deserved last series win. 8)

GO Storm !!!!! Image
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I was most annoyed with Sachin. I think considering the state of the game, it just would have been plain nice to "drop" the catch, and let Steve get his 100.

I am so not impressed with the Indians. They're driving me nuts - and it's their behaviour off the field that's doing it to me most!

Tour match between Victoria and India - both captains (Gangouly and White) gave a handshake agreement that both sides would declare after 70 overs to give the best chance for a result. Indians batted through the day. At the beginning of day 2, they "forgot" to tell the umpires and Victoria that they had declared. Consequently at 11am, both teams came out prepared to field. Two overs lost in the days play.

And today, the captains are supposed to meet at the pitch at 1:45pm for the toss of the coin. Ponting arrives ontime. Gangouly is still in the practise nets. At 1:50pm he slowly makes his way over for the toss of the coin. Ponting has been waiting all that time.

So whilst they have put up a real fight against Australia this season, I give them no credit to their professionalism and respect for their opponents.

That's my rant for tonight! :)
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

While we are on Ganguly, I have to say that his batting ability aside, he has to be the worst captain I have ever seen. Further to what Buzz was saying, he doesn't lead by example at all, his fielding is disgraceful, his field settings are always defensive and not very well thought out.

I dub thee Sourav Ganguly, thou worst captain in Test Cricket ever! (well since Nasser Hussein anyway :P )
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Waugh was & still is the benchmark for captaincy.

:wink: Well done Steve, great knock.

And on captains, how good is Stephen Fleming going at the moment? Great century in his 150th ODI as captain & bagged catches #100 & 101 to boot.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't forget that In Brizzie Waugh gave them a chance to win by setting them around 200 with 40 overs left, And Ozzie A did something similar in Hobart.What did they do??????????????????????????????????????

Have a net session. :roll:

I've been waiting for the Ozzies to be knocked of their perch and thankfully the Indians failed to completely do that.

the Ozzies were faily good sports through to thier credit.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GO VICS...... I think it is there year......

May this be a good omen or at least the start of many good things. :D :P :)

GO Storm !!!!! Image
Last edited by Mike_The_Undertaker on Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Speaking of the Vics, and their unbelievable come from behind victory against NSW, the next Victorian Pura Cup Match against the Southern Redbacks starts in about 10 days, and entry is free to all for each of the days.

Game will be played at the MCG.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote:Speaking of the Vics, and their unbelievable come from behind victory against NSW, the next Victorian Pura Cup Match against the Southern Redbacks starts in about 10 days, and entry is free to all for each of the days.

Game will be played at the MCG.
PISS UP!!!!!!!! :lol: