AO - there must be other Tennis fans around here.....

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A bit late in the piece, but I haven't had a lot of time to spend online lately.

Men - I like Federer, but since A-Rod got bundled out (what a shame!), I can see a Nadal upset on the cards.

Women - Maria should have it in the bag the way she is playing, but how good would it be to see Ana Ivanovic win the title (I guess because she does have an Australian link).
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Yeah but,
I'm sick of Nadal and his undie problems! I don't like him for no real reason. But I do like Roger even though he wins everything. Kinda hoping that Tsonga gets through, unlikely but its nice to hope.

I really hope Maria loses. She's so dull and her father's annoying and she screams a lot. I concede that she's playing rather well but I'd like anyone but her to win.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Adults Only is good, but it isn't really a sport...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
lotti

well now that Lleyton's gone I want Federer to win, went to the open twice last week.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mini Chick wrote: Yeah but,
I'm sick of Nadal and his undie problems! I don't like him for no real reason. But I do like Roger even though he wins everything. Kinda hoping that Tsonga gets through, unlikely but its nice to hope.

I really hope Maria loses. She's so dull and her father's annoying and she screams a lot. I concede that she's playing rather well but I'd like anyone but her to win.

I'm now on the Tsonga bandwagon!!!!  And you're right about Nadal, besides, he grunts too much.

I cannot believe that Nadal has won $14 million in prize money and he's only 21, I wish my parents made me play tennis more as a kid (we had a clay court, but clearly I had other interests).

I'd like to see Ana beat Maria in the final as well, that was a great comeback today from 0-6 in the first set.
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

yay for Tsonga!! ;D ;D

I can't believe that hewon, not only won but smacked Nadal! Was so surprised when I walked past the tv and Tsonga was 1 set up and then won. Nadal was getting rather cranky towards the end so I was happy!

But can Djokovic beat Federer? I'm inclined to think he might, Rog hasn't been at his best so we'll see.

Only prob is that Maria is playing really well, more's the pity. Shall cheer for Ana and have crossed fingers.