BEN COUSINS MISSING???? WTF.

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

THE father of troubled footy star Ben Cousins has lashed out at claims his son is on the loose in Los Angeles.

Bryan Cousins denied his son had vanished despite concerns he had failed to show at an exclusive drug treatment centre in Malibu.

"I can assure you he is not missing," Mr Cousins told Herald Sun Online.

"I have spoken with him in the last 12 hours.''

Mr Cousins declined to elaborate on his son's health.

Drug counsellors have been scouring Los Angeles in search of Cousins after he failed to check in at the Summit Centre as scheduled.

Wild speculation erupted today, with suggestions Cousins had hooked up with actress Cameron Diaz at an exclusive West Hollywood gym, was partying before booking in for treatment, or was with former West Coast Eagles teammate Daniel Chick who is in the United States visiting his son.

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said he was worried about the troubled footballer.

"I hope he's safe and sound and I hope he's about to check into the clinic as he's told everybody, but I think we should all be concerned about his whereabouts," Mr Demetriou said on ABC radio.

Fellow Brownlow medallist Brad Hardie today played down fears for his friend's welfare, saying Cousins was probably seeking some anonymity before getting help.

Hardie said he had not spoken with Cousins since he left Australia, but that he was in good shape when he flew out.

"I think he was just looking for a couple of weeks of anonymity and I have no concerns for his safety or for his health at this stage,'' he said on Southern Cross radio.

"He said he'd rejoin his network. Now, he didn't give me any specific facts but as we know there's a lot of fires in Malibu at the moment and there's certainly a lot of rehab places in America, so I'm sure at some stage he'll be touching base with that network.

"He's had a harrowing year, there's no two ways about that and I just think (he wants) a little bit of Ben time, little bit of down time,'' he said.

"Just give the bloke, cut him a little slack, just give him a couple of weeks to sort himself out and let's just see how he comes back to Australia.''

Cousins, 29, was due to check in at the rehab clinic on Monday.

"No one has any idea where he is," a person with knowledge of the situation told The Australian.

"He's got everyone freaking out because LA's not a good place to be out doing what he may be doing.

"I just hope nothing bad happens to him."

The fallen West Coast Eagle, who is battling addiction to cocaine as well as methamphetamines - one of the toughest drugs to kick, according to experts - arrived in Los Angeles on Saturday morning and was picked up at the airport by two mystery blonde women in a Mercedes-Benz sports car.

Friends Cousins made from his last stay at the $3300-a-day Summit Centre, who are recovering drug addicts, have left messages on his phone offering to pick him up and pleading for him to check in to the facility.

But they say he has not been answering his phone or returning their calls.

An employee at the Summit Centre yesterday refused to discuss Cousins.

"We don't confirm or deny that anyone is here or not here," she said.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett was stunned to hear of Cousins's disappearance in LA.

"It seems to us he never had any intentions to return (to rehab). We feel betrayed," Nisbett told The Australian.

Perth Chief Magistrate Steven Heath two weeks ago adjourned a case against Cousins for possession of drugs and for refusing to undertake a driver assessment.

While the possession charge was later dropped, Mr Heath granted Cousins a 90-day adjournment so he could return to the US for another stint of drug rehabilitation.

Mr Heath ordered the footballer to reappear on January 21.

Cousins's bail, believed to be $1000 personal bail with the same surety, was extended until that date.

Outside the court, Cousins' lawyer Shane Brennan spoke on his client's behalf.

"The matter has been remanded for 90 days with a view to Mr Cousins continuing the course of action he adopted early in the winter," he said.

Cousins spent a month at the Mediterranean-style treatment centre, nestled in the Santa Monica mountains with views of the Pacific Ocean, in April.

Patients are not usually allowed to leave the grounds until well into their rehabilitation, but are pampered while there.

The 2005 Brownlow Medallist and six-time All Australian has said he wants to continue playing football, but that dream would surely be in tatters if he fails to complete drug rehabilitation.

He was due to spend at least a month at the Summit, although West Coast is not paying the bill, as the club did in April.

Cousins was believed to be footing the bill himself for this stay, an estimated $90,000.

Cousins was sacked by the Eagles for numerous breaches of the club's conduct policy, the final straw coming with the possession and driver assessment charges.

Embarrassingly for the Perth police, it was revealed that the drugs charges were laid because Cousins was found with a banned sedative, diazepam.

However, that drug is only illegal in injectable form.

Cousins's on-field brilliance has long been dimmed by his off-field behaviour; he has had numerous run-ins with the law and has been warned by police about his continued association with known criminals.
[img]http://i3.tinypic.com/66ow5z8.jpg[/img]

ITS MRS HOFF! NOT MR SHOFF...
lotti

his father has said he's not MIA(missing in action) that he's actually spoken to Ben.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hes seeing his dealer
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
lotti

his dealer is here in Australia and Ben has been seen with Cameron Diaz.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bens dealer didnt make the trip
cameron diaz is OBVIOUSLY his dealer
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti's his dealer  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

not in WA Tigger.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

only his Victorian dealer huh?
lotti

no I'm not a Drug Dealer PERIOD.  I HAPPEN TO BE AGAINST DRUGS.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hugs not drugs :coolrasta:
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Once again was a crock of shit once againeagles jumped the gun. 
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Mrs Cooper Cronk
Squall
Squall

Classic!!!!
[img]http://i20.tinypic.com/2wmf60p.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

oh those cartoons were great, i passed one off as my own in english last year  8)
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

news exclusive on channel 9 tonight

cousins wasnt missing at all, he was at one of the blonde girls houses on a 5 day cocaine binge, he was taken to hostpital after the lady called 911 and said he wasnt acting right.
he checked out of hospital on thursday and went to rehab on friday for 2 days.

cousins you are just a complete and utter mess , stay in USA and have all the drugs u want