07/08 ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
la_lis
Squall
Squall

HEY ALL,
being a cross-coder I though I'd get the ball rolling by announcing the start of the English premier league!!! WOO HOO
It starts on the 11th of august and the first round of matches are as follows:
Sat 11 August
Derby County     v       Portsmouth
Everton         v   Wigan Athletic
Middlesbrough   v       Blackburn
Sunderland     v          Tottenham
West Ham     v          Man City
Aston Villa         v   Liverpool
Sun 12 August
Arsenal         v     Fulham
Chelsea       v   Birmingham
Man Utd       v   Reading

PS Im a PROUD MAN UTD FAN so...BRING IT ON!!! woo hoo
Cheers,
lis
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brilliant thread La_Lis.
I've got more interest in the Fizzy League (C'mon Palace) but I enjoy the Premier League from a neutral perspective.
Good luck to "Princess" Leijer with the Cottagers
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's a rumor going around that Manchester City are after Marco Bresciano. I wonder how they'll go with Sven at the helm this season?

And will Roy Keane help Sunderland avoid being shunted back to the Championship? Every time they get promoted, they seem to get stage-fright & end up being relegated at season's end :?

What of the Arsenal boys - is there life after Thierry Henry? Big shoes to fill there...

I'm a neutral observer of the EPL too, and I think this season will be a two-horse race between (who else but) Manchester Utd and Chelsky...Liverpool should be up around the top 5, as well as the two North London teams...
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

looking forward to see how the season pans out come on you gooners
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

Arsenals season will be interesting. Didnt they sign someone aswell as lose thierry?
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

yeah but no one as high profile as the exits but have a few player that have been developing looked better towards the end of last season seem to setteled into new stadium. we will see how they go
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Arsène Wenger has no new injuries to report ahead of the season-opener against Fulham on Sunday.

Last week, the manager ruled out Gilberto from the start of the campaign because he is still recovering from the effects of the Copa America and suggested Emmanuel Adebayor was extremely doubtful with a groin problem.

When he spoke to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday lunchtime, those were still the only likely absences for the Emirates Stadium clash.

“Gilberto is not ready and at the moment the only one who is doubtful is Adebayor,” said Wenger.

The manager described the Togolese striker’s recovery time as “very short”. But the Brazilian may not be ready until September.

“We have a three-week plan to build him up again,” said Wenger. “He did not play the last game of the Copa America and had three and a half weeks off. It will take two or three weeks to get him ready. If you don’t do that he will suffer during rest of the season.”

Arsenal TV Online subscribers will be able to see the full interview with Arsène on Friday morning. In it, he talks about the new season, challenging for the title, his business over the summer, the transfer market in general, the hope of more signings, the captaincy, injuries and Fulham

[ Thursday, August 09, 2007]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ade should do just fine for the gunners, if hes still with them
WHO KNOWS?
lol

i want to watch fox sports tonight and check out the new 5 game selection screen.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Wow Sunderland are top of the ladder! ;)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

***SPOILERS!!!***

Saturday's results:

West Ham 0-2 Manchester City

Everton 2-1 Wigan Ath

Bolton W 1-3 Newcastle Utd

Derby Co 2-2 Portsmouth

Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool

Sunderland 1-0 Tottenham H

Half time at Emirates Stadium: Arsenal 0-1 Fulham

Today's other matches: Chelsea v Birmingham City, Manchester Utd v Reading
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

spoiler ,live: chelsea vs b'ham

birmingham score a goal at the 16min mark

chelsea score at the 17min mark
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

***MORE SPOILERS***

Arsenal 2 (van Persie pen, Hleb)
Fulham 1 (Healy)

Chelsea 3 (Pizarro, Malouda, Essien)
Birmingham City 2 (Forssell, Kapo)

Manchester Utd 0
Reading 0
(Kitson red card)

Bad news for the Red Devils, Wayne Rooney has suffered a hairline fracture in his foot - could be out for a fair while...
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Arsen Wengers comments on the late finish

On a late fightback...
"Well, we had a terrible start and we played against a good Fulham side, against a good goalkeeper. Apart from that I thought we were resilient, we didn't give up for ninety minutes. We were physically strong, mentally strong, and that's the kind of result that changes the team, you know? We had our backs to the wall, we didn't give in and in the end we won the game. Maybe you could say it's lucky, but I don't believe too much in luck."

On Fulham...
"Fulham finished very, very tired because they run a lot, after the ball. They did fight a lot and I must say Fulham had qualities. They could have scored the second goal and that would have ended our hopes tonight. "

On starting with three points...
"This is the kind of the result that can change the season for a team, because we know we were one-nil down and came back and won the game, and that's at least a positive start. To lose that game today would certainly have been a big blow to the team because everybody says, it's after Thierry Henry has left, to start with a a loss would have been really, really difficult."

On Jen's early mistake...
"What went through my mind... first of all I was surprised he made a mistake. Because you know he is an experienced keeper, you want to deal well with your first ball. I think he changed his mind and then he was not quick enough to respond to his brain, because then he lost his co-ordination and made a mistake. Maybe he was guilty of changing his mind, I have not spoken to him. He's certainly the happiest boy in the dressing room tonight."

On accusations of diving...
"No. Hleb is adamant there was a hundred per-cent penalty on him. I'm ready to look at that on the video because on the bench it's impossible to say or not, but it didn't look to me like he dived."

On the pressure...
"I was not stressed today because I felt that the players would give everything to win. And as long as you that in the team, and you have quality on the pitch, you always have hope. I saw that some of their defenders started to have cramps. I felt, if you continue to the last second, it's just sometimes a yard that makes a little bit more fatigue, and you know some of them will not respond any more if you continue to give them a problem."

On Eduardo appearing on Wednesday...
"There's a small chance - there's a 50-50 chance. Adebayor is out for Wednesday. "

On Hleb playing behind the striker...
"Hleb is doing very well in there, I felt that sometimes Van Persie was a bit isolated, when Bendtner came on and was supporting him it was a bit easier. But sometimes it depends on the games."
la_lis
Squall
Squall

NEXT ROUND OF MATCHES...ENJOY
COMMON THE RED DEVILS...Wo0 Ho0

PS SORRY BOUT THE EDITING!!!
Cheers,
lis

TUESDAY 14TH OF AUGUST
Tottenham v Everton

WEDNESAY 15TH OF AUGUST
19:45 Birmingham v Sunderland
19:45 Fulham v Bolton
19:45 Man City v Derby County
19:45 Portsmouth v Man Utd
20:00 Reading v Chelsea
20:00 Wigan Athletic v Middlesbrough
SATURDAY 18 AUGUST
12:45 Portsmouth v Bolton
15:00 Birmingham v West Ham
15:00 Fulham v Middlesbrough
15:00 Reading v Everton
15:00 Tottenham v Derby County
15:00 Wigan Athletic v Sunderland
17:15 Newcastle v Aston Villa
SUNDAY 19TH AUGUST
13:30 Man City v Man Utd
15:00 Blackburn v Arsenal
16:00 Liverpool v Chelsea
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

the City fan will have there Banners for the visitors on Sunday they will say "Welcome to Manchester"