Goooonneeee!

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

He's finally gone... 5 consecutive losses, averaging 76 points each have finally sealed Pagan's fate - and he's finally been pushed out the door.... Almost rid of all the North Melbourne rejects! :)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

That's sooooooo unfair!!! Why can't Richmond do something about our coach - his record's way worse than Pagan's!  :x

Oh well, at least you know Buzz that the Blues will win the next game (if they follow history's example) with the new coach  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

sounds a little like Anderson.  Tigger maybe a new coach might fix what's wrong with the Tigers.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Buzz wrote: He's finally gone... 5 consecutive losses, averaging 76 points each have finally sealed Pagan's fate - and he's finally been pushed out the door.... Almost rid of all the North Melbourne rejects! :)
thats right remeber the word rejects.....  I dont think pagan is the root to all of your troubles I hope you get a coach that can put up with the crap from the board. 
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Believe me - this is the best board Carlton has had in 25 years! They are doing the work, they are accountable, and most of all - they are open! The Carlton message board actually recently held a Q&A session with 3 board members. Even we don't get that lucky at Storm - our questions are vetted and scrutinised before answering.

The current board (since Feb this year) is not the problem. In fact, King Richard has poured so much money in that the players are finally getting the support they require. Pagan just wasn't able to get the team to perform. It was never a question of "was Pagan going to be coach in 08" - it was when could Carlton afford to sack him. Last year, we couldn't afford the $1.2m payout for 07 and 08. This year, we could.

The other area sorely lacking is recruitment, and for the first time in ages, we will have recruitment staff in every region of the country, as well as more on the ground in Victoria. Along with new staff overseas. There is hope. We just need to survive the dispair currently....
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti wrote: sounds a little like Anderson. 
Do you really think Muppet was better than Ando lotti?!?!  :shock2:
lotti wrote: Tigger maybe a new coach might fix what's wrong with the Tigers.
It couldn't bloody hurt now could it??  :roll:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

I dont know but something was wrong somewhere pagan if you look at his record it was pretty flawless before the blues.  I know he took our resereves to a few flags and also did well at essendon.  Then the mighty roos to three gf's making the prim something like 4-5 years in a row
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

The blame should be placed squarely on the players, they are clearly one of the worst lists in the afl after they lost draft picks a few years ago.. maybe theyll clean up at the end of season.. whose coming out of contract?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brownzay wrote: The blame should be placed squarely on the players, they are clearly one of the worst lists in the afl after they lost draft picks a few years ago.. maybe theyll clean up at the end of season.. whose coming out of contract?
id say that the recent crapyness of carlton is due to the lack of senior players that they have.

like geelong 5 years ago or something like that, they were down the tail end of the ladder with 2 senior players and a whole list of newbies . but now they are the front runners.

its clear that for a team to succede they need senior and mature players at the club for guidence.

give carlton 2-3 years then theyll be a decent competative team, because by then all there young players will have matured
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

Their young players aren't event hat great though, theres not many immediate standouts apart from Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy, Jarryd Waite, Eddie Betts and Andrew Walker. Koutoufides retirement makes the lack of leadership even worse, time for Whitnall, Fevola, lappin etc to stand up. Only time will tell really
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brownzay wrote: Their young players aren't event hat great though, theres not many immediate standouts apart from Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy, Jarryd Waite, Eddie Betts and Andrew Walker. Koutoufides retirement makes the lack of leadership even worse, time for Whitnall, Fevola, lappin etc to stand up. Only time will tell really
first whitnall has to get out of reserve grade!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

(Insert Lance Whitnall Body-weight or Relationship with brother joke here)