AFL 2007

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just got back from the G.  Oh my god!  Talk about heart palpatations!

We were 30 odd points in front, the Dees really took it up to us in the last quarter, and had the umpies on their side (sais by a true one-eyed supporter).  I had my bag on my shoulder ready to do a runner when the siren blew, couldn't believe we got back up and dance around in my seat, nearly fell over the ledge in the front row on the 2nd stand.

Decided then to sneak into the MCC in ripped jeans and thongs.  Suprisingly, no one stopped me!  :o
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

buzz big win from your boys last night
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

perthstormer wrote: buzz big win from your boys last night
Yay!!  My team too perthstormer.  That's 3 games I've been to this year and we've won all 3 games (think I might change me name to Mick Crocker  ;-) ).

Going by the cars tooting as we were leaving, the fact that Carlton haven't had 2 wins in a row for quite some time, made it seem like a GF win for some  :P
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Two in a row!!  Great stuff.
Can't wait til my team gets one in a row  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

maby today mate maby today... I hope so anyway every time the west fails its a good day for me
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Geelong get over the crows this season is so close I cant remeber a season being like it.    Lets just hope the eagles have the same away troubles come september
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

What a fantastic game! Last quarter was a little deflating, but a great game nonetheless!

I said to Tigger after Round 1 - when the Blues came from behind to beat the Tigers. What a fantastic game. I honestly believed that whether Carlton had won or lost was not the issue. We played exciting football, and the victory was the cherry.

I hear Swans supporters ringing up radio stations saying "who cares how we play... we got the four points!". I also hear people who like AFL ring up and say you couldn't give away tickets to a game involving the Swans or Hawthorn. Tell me Swans supporters - would you still like the way you play if you don't win?

I can answer with all honesty, having seen my team play similar footy for the last 3 months. We've only won 4 out of 11 games - and almost all those 7 losses were great games of footy to watch! Games against Brisbane were the test of what I said to Tigger after Round 1 - even if we lose, if we still played great, then I leave knowing we play Aussie Rules.

Carlton is now the 2nd most attacking team in the AFL, less than 120 points behind the Cats (and we know where those points came from). The downside is that we have also leaked the most number of points in the competition. In each of the 11 games played this year, Carlton's opponent has scored 100 points or more. And yet - I really wouldn't change a thing. It's exciting footy, it's entertaining and it's a damned site better than watching two teams play keepings off in the back line.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Totally agree with you on the good game of footy Buzz.  That's why today's game with Richmond was good for me - they played for three and a bit quarters and hardly messed around with that farkin kick-backwards shite they do so so well.
It's always great to see a 'competition' between teams but it's getting to be few and far between with the crap dished out in the past few years  :(   
I don't mind that much if we lose - just make it at least look like you're trying to play the game - not just kick the kick!

Btw Buzz, that first game was bloody good!!  Well, apart from the fact that my team lost :lol:
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

this season is much better for that with teams like carlton geelong even my roo boys are playing attacking footy this season unlike the ugly stuff we have seen in the last couple of years.  Haw have opened up.  This season is turning into a good one I think.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Yeah... great season... woooo bloody hoooo......

It's tough seeing weeks of enterprising footy and then seeing a game like tonights. Shows the chasm of difference in skill level between the two clubs. I'm just hoping the poke in the eye Ackland got towards the end is a season ending injury so we can promote Aisake oH'ailpin off the rookie list! :)
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: Yeah... great season... woooo bloody hoooo......

It's tough seeing weeks of enterprising footy and then seeing a game like tonights. Shows the chasm of difference in skill level between the two clubs. I'm just hoping the poke in the eye Ackland got towards the end is a season ending injury so we can promote Aisake oH'ailpin off the rookie list! :)
Yeah we certainly came crashing back to earth after the last two weeks hey Buzz!  Leaving the ground last week, it was like we'd won a finals match - cars tooting their horns and everyone singing!  Gees Hawthorn were very good though!

Is Ackland any relation to the Ackland that used to play for Swans - I think his name was David, but not 100% sure.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hey guys - Richmond didn't lose this weekend   :D
and yes, I know we don't play til next weekend but that's not the point!!!   :P :lol:
fosman91
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Very happy with the way the AFL season is panning out this year. Can't start to early though with the bleating but GO CATS.
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

fosman91 wrote: Very happy with the way the AFL season is panning out this year. Can't start to early though with the bleating but GO CATS.
you are doing what you have been tiped to do the last three years and that is play bloody good footy good on ya
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

hopefully 3 victorian teams will win their respective football GFs this year.