F1 Grand Prix

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm simply wondering if anyone here is going?

I'm not the biggest racing fan, more of a crashing fan but it would be an experience if I decide to come down for the the Tigers match.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mr Jellyhead is going on Thursday courtesy of an invite to a corporate tent.

He'll probably also go on Saturday with our son.  For the actual race day, whilst the atmosphere is fantastic, you do see more on tele.  We're all F1 fans but I don't go because I can't stand the crowds and the heat and standing up all day :P
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I live literally across the road from Albert Park, and do not plan to spend the weekend at home listening to cars being driven around in circles.  Fortunately the rent here is dirt cheap, giving me good value for the other 361 days a year.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mrpc wrote: I live literally across the road from Albert Park, and do not plan to spend the weekend at home listening to cars being driven around in circles.  Fortunately the rent here is dirt cheap, giving me good value for the other 361 days a year.
Cool ... can we park at your place?  :P
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ticket sales are a little slow according to some calling radio due to the fact there is no V8's at all on the weekend. We normally go but with Jr we wont be risking his ears.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead wrote:
mrpc wrote: I live literally across the road from Albert Park, and do not plan to spend the weekend at home listening to cars being driven around in circles.  Fortunately the rent here is dirt cheap, giving me good value for the other 361 days a year.
Cool ... can I crash at your place? :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead wrote: Mr Jellyhead is going on Thursday courtesy of an invite to a corporate tent.

He'll probably also go on Saturday with our son.  For the actual race day, whilst the atmosphere is fantastic, you do see more on tele.  We're all F1 fans but I don't go because I can't stand the crowds and the heat and standing up all day :P
I've only been the twice, once in Adelaide in 1987 (only went for race day) and then in Melbourne in 2004 (got a grand stand ticket but couldn't make the Thursday due to work).

I must say that I found the atmosphere was huge in Adelaide, the whole centre of Adelaide was just a total party atmosphere whereas Melbourne only had that atmosphere in the area immediately around the race track.

I've thought about going back but just the Sunday in General Admission but like you I can't be stuffed standing around all day long.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Was 1987 the first one Surandy?  If it was, we were there too!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead wrote: Was 1987 the first one Surandy?  If it was, we were there too!!
Hmm, not sure Jelly. I just happen to be going over for that weekend and when I worked out it was the same weekend as the GP I went and grabbed tix. Silly me had no idea that they had more than just the GP on as all I'd ever seen on TV was the race. After I got there I found out there was warm up stuff before the race and a band afterwards, not sure who it was as I had to leave pretty much straight after the race, might have been Noiseworks or some band like that.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

jellyhead wrote:
LOL!  Could do, except that I've got plans that Friday night..  Someone told me there's going to be one hell of a ball game at some old 1950s stadium a short distance up punt road :-)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mrpc wrote:
jellyhead wrote:
LOL!  Could do, except that I've got plans that Friday night..  Someone told me there's going to be one hell of a ball game at some old 1950s stadium a short distance up punt road :-)
Mrpc, where do you think Jellyhead will be on the Friday night? Same place as you, and me, and Christabella, and Stormwarning and a lot of other people on this forum. ;)
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:Mrpc, where do you think Jellyhead will be on the Friday night? Same place as you, and me, and Christabella, and Stormwarning and a lot of other people on this forum. ;)
FFS!  I was being facetious :-)

For the record, what's the need for crashing near the F1?  I thought we were all Melburnians here..  What nights did you want?  How many people?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mrpc wrote:
Surandy wrote:Mrpc, where do you think Jellyhead will be on the Friday night? Same place as you, and me, and Christabella, and Stormwarning and a lot of other people on this forum. ;)

For the record, what's the need for crashing near the F1?  I thought we were all Melburnians here..  What nights did you want?  How many people?
Hrm, I was just having a dig, hence the wink at the end.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

mrpc wrote:

Christa's a northener  ;-)  As are quite a few of the people on here, also westerners like perthstormer too  :D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Haha settle down boys  :P

Yes, I will most definitely be at the game on Friday night 16th March.

And I asked about parking at your place mrpc, IF we happened to go to the GP on Sunday because you said you'd be clearing out that weekend  :lol: