The Ashes

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well not sure if there will be much play tomorrow. We have just got back to the hotel and it is peeving down with rain and it doesn't look like it is letting up.

I hope that it does let up even for a decent send off some retiring players.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
lotti

fingers crossed.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Driving up to sydney tomorrow for day 3, im getting pumped!

BTW can anyone tell me if they sell sombraroes at the merc stands?
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well an interesting day 1.

To start with the Fun Police thanks to the Premier up here targeted a number of groups and it was sad to see a group of Aussie get targeted just because they had brooms with them. We all thought it was quite funny, but the police where a little over the top.

Fingers are crossed that we rain on the parade like we did the last tour when Waugh retire....mmm, there is a thought if we can have an Aussie each test we can rain on it and win :)

KK, at the normal merchandise stands they don't, but look for the fan based ones....The Fanatics, Green & Gold Army and the Boony Army ones (normally just away from the ground a little) as they are the ones selling them.

Bell is really coming along and will become a very good batsman, so pleased KP has moved to number 4 and I believe he will become one of the best number 4's the game has seen.

Well, believe the game is starting a little early this morning, so heading of for another day of fun.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

3.30pm This is what Richard Branson had to say at the press conference: "Ian and I were talking the other night as two Englishmen. It seems wrong the Ashes are going back to UK. Australia should be proud to keep them. Go right back to 1882 when the cricket bails were burnt. Then the Australians took the Ashes back to Australia, and felt proud to have done so. We'd like to start a campaign to keep the Ashes in the country where they have won."

Ian Botham added: "It's nothing new this conversation. Why should the Ashes stay in England? It's ridiculous. Think of the fun it would have been in 1986-87, totally written off, but taking those Ashes back home on the plane. We've seen what Ashes fever can do, how Australia have responded to losing them. Australia deserve them. In this day and age it's not too fragile to travel."

Allan Border expressed his views, too: "I support everything they've said. You have to travel to Lord's to see the real MacCoy. It would be something special to hand the Ashes to the winning captain. We've all held an Ashes replica, but nothing beats the real thing. It's the biggest trophy in the game."

Branson again: "I honestly feel uncomfortable flying them back. We've been proud to fly them Down Under. I just spoke with John Howard, and as far as he's concerned, he's willing to put up money."
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

so pleased KP has moved to number 4 and I believe he will become one of the best number 4's the game has seen.

Well, believe the game is starting a little early this morning, so heading of for another day of fun.

your having a laugh arnt you.  what has he show this tour sweet f all.  yes he is a good player but the best #4 the world has even seen go back to the bar and drown your sorrows with your fellow b.a
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A quick brief shower happening here at the moment.... with the Aussies looking a little shaky.

Perth, I said "will become" I didn't say he is...selective reading again. If you read what I have been saying all series you would see that I have said since the first test that he should be at 4. His style is better suited at 4 than 5 or 6.

On the issue of the urn staying in Australia, people talking about it every Ashes tour down here....wont happen end of story, they can talk till the cows come home, but at the end of the day...wont happen.

perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote: A quick brief shower happening here at the moment.... with the Aussies looking a little shaky.

Perth, I said "will become" I didn't say he is...selective reading again. If you read what I have been saying all series you would see that I have said since the first test that he should be at 4. His style is better suited at 4 than 5 or 6.

On the issue of the urn staying in Australia, people talking about it every Ashes tour down here....wont happen end of story, they can talk till the cows come home, but at the end of the day...wont happen.

Please give me a break yes he is good but to become the greatest no hope.      I know the urn wont but i just say the article and thought id post it
lotti

at least Warne has his 1000th international wicket.  It's a pity Langer didn't get a century.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All over:

Congratulations to the Australia Cricket team for a great series and winning all 5 test matches. Well deserved with the way they played.

Revenge is a great motivation and it shows why they are the number test playing cricket in the world. The biggest disappointment will not seeing Shane Warne play again.

Although it wasn’t pretty and there is a bit of work to do, there were a number of good signs and considering a few of the players were coming back for long term injuries we should have been better.

Scoreboard

Cricket team; Australia 5 England 0

Supporters; Australia ½ England 4 ½ (yesterday was the only time the Aussie supporters were loud and proud, which was good to hear and see finally).

All the best of luck to Warne, McGrath and Langer on their retirement.

lotti

Well done aussies.  hey SW :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Thank god!  Now the bloody barmy army can shut the hell up with what seemed like the only song they knew, that 'everywhere we go' song got sooooo friggin annoying  :roll:
I'm sure that's all they could bloody sing - at least that's all I could damn well hear on the tv anytime I turned it to the cricket.

I'm not sure if I'll even be able to cope with it being sung by the grog squad this year at the footy  :'(
But at least we only sing it once a game!!!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

yeah at least.  So much for the English playing for pride and what a perfect way to farewell Martyn, Warne, McGrath and Langer.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti, I don't really give a crap about the 'pride' thing or whatever the teams were playing for........I just got sooooo sick of the barmy army's rendition of that bloody song  :P

After flicking the cricket on & listening to em bawl out that thing over and over and over again I was screaming at the tv that I'm sure NO-ONE cared who they are or where they came from anymore & just wanted em to shut the hell up!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger, selective hearing or old age?

There was more than one song.

5 nil down and we're having a laugh
5 nil down and we're having a laugh

Now if I could only get a flight back today instead of tomorrow night, although the Qantas lounge here at Mascot is nice and comfortable