Andrew *dickhead* Demetriou

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Denise Richards
Squall
Squall

Insomniac wrote: I couldn't believe those comments when I saw that interview!  I am furious that someone running the AFL would take such a cheap shot as that!  The Storm have NEVER seriously bagged the AFL or tried to "convert" AFL fans - there has never been any attempt to steal fans or diminish their crowd numbers - the Storm have always tried to co-exist with the sport they know will always be #1 in Victoria.

It is a shame that two Victorian finals games will be on at the same time, as I know that the Storm would probably have promoted the AFL game as a curtain raiser, or vice versa, if they had had the chance, but it is out of our hands.  Demetriou's arrogant comments were unwarranted and uncalled for.  Farking "Sporting Capital" my ass!  It just goes to show how narrow-minded SOME AFL people are... :evil:
Get over it, Brian Waldron makes comments like that every week on SEN.

If you weren't a manufactured team who gets money thrown at you to stay afloat by News Limited and actually had some victorian representation in the NRL then you wouldn't be a joke.  Until then you must cop comments like this on the chin.  Even other NRL fans besides me know that the Melbourne franchise is a farce.  Build a team in the JB cup first.
I am NOT Brian Waldron
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Denise Richards wrote:
Insomniac wrote: I couldn't believe those comments when I saw that interview!  I am furious that someone running the AFL would take such a cheap shot as that!  The Storm have NEVER seriously bagged the AFL or tried to "convert" AFL fans - there has never been any attempt to steal fans or diminish their crowd numbers - the Storm have always tried to co-exist with the sport they know will always be #1 in Victoria.

It is a shame that two Victorian finals games will be on at the same time, as I know that the Storm would probably have promoted the AFL game as a curtain raiser, or vice versa, if they had had the chance, but it is out of our hands.  Demetriou's arrogant comments were unwarranted and uncalled for.  Farking "Sporting Capital" my ass!  It just goes to show how narrow-minded SOME AFL people are... :evil:

If you weren't a manufactured team who gets money thrown at you to stay afloat by News Limited and actually had some victorian representation in the NRL then you wouldn't be a joke.  Until then you must cop comments like this on the chin.  Even other NRL fans besides me know that the Melbourne franchise is a farce.  Build a team in the JB cup first.

but i thought your brian waldron?

Or is that is it that soccer tosspot who think 0-0 scoreline is fantastic game
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Sonnit
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

AAS wrote:
Denise Richards wrote:

but i thought your brian waldron?

Or is that is it that soccer tosspot who think 0-0 scoreline is fantastic game
Haven't been many 0-0 scorelines for the Victory  . . . there was one last season, we got 50K  . . . a bit more than the Storm get . . . just a touch more.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sonnit wrote:Haven't been many 0-0 scorelines for the Victory  . . . there was one last season, we got 50K  . . . a bit more than the Storm get . . . just a touch more.
50,000 nil all score lines?!? I didn't realise your mob has played that many games. Storm has never been involved in a game resulting in a nil all score line. In fact we've only once been kept scoreless.
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Surandy wrote:
Sonnit wrote:Haven't been many 0-0 scorelines for the Victory  . . . there was one last season, we got 50K  . . . a bit more than the Storm get . . . just a touch more.
50,000 nil all score lines?!? I didn't realise your mob has played that many games. Storm has never been involved in a game resulting in a nil all score line. In fact we've only once been kept scoreless.
Congratulations.
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

where are these newbees coming from???????  this is a Melbourne storm forum we all suport storm except for bella.

if you have a problem with our club go back to your victory slums.

and watch the victory slide down next season remember you wont have the Wc wave fad helping you out this season.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Remember this Perth glory has sold out Subiaco twice in Nsl GF's.  Whats the attendance now a fad that lasted it a little while and if the socceroos fail to make the next WC which I hope that is not the case you might have to relocate to the whitten oval or take up south Melbournes ol ground lol.
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

perthstormer wrote: where are these newbees coming from???????  this is a Melbourne storm forum we all suport storm except for bella.

and watch the victory slide down next season remember you wont have the Wc wave fad helping you out this season.
Enough with the excuses, if it's not the world cup wave fad it's the ethnic supporters, or the onfield success . . .

Does this mean we will see a huge increase in numbers after the rugby WC in france? I'm sure there has been at least one rugby league world cup since the storm started, so enough with the excuses guys.  I like to consider myself a storm supporter and I don't want to be seen alongside you Victory haters.  Why don't you support the victory as well as the storm like I do?  Sure they didn't join TeaMelbourne, but you can still support them.
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

perthstormer wrote: Remember this Perth glory has sold out Subiaco twice in Nsl GF's.  Whats the attendance now a fad that lasted it a little while and if the socceroos fail to make the next WC which I hope that is not the case you might have to relocate to the whitten oval or take up south Melbournes ol ground lol.
Why would Victory have to go to whitten oval when we have the new Victory Park stadium being built?  Whitten Oval is an oval and soccer is generally played on a rectangular pitch, which we have coming up.

Perth's crowds have been disappointing since the change from NSL to A-League, as have their onfield performances, hopefully they can turn things around in Season 3.
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Biku wrote:
perthstormer wrote: where are these newbees coming from???????  this is a Melbourne storm forum we all suport storm except for bella.

Enough with the excuses, if it's not the world cup wave fad it's the ethnic supporters, or the onfield success . . .

Does this mean we will see a huge increase in numbers after the rugby WC in france? I'm sure there has been at least one rugby league world cup since the storm started, so enough with the excuses guys.  I like to consider myself a storm supporter and I don't want to be seen alongside you Victory haters.  Why don't you support the victory as well as the storm like I do?  Sure they didn't join TeaMelbourne, but you can still support them.

the refrence to Whitten Oval was that if your suport falls off you will have no choice I here sunshinge george cross will ground share with you or u can take up with green gully.

As for the WC that is union and the league Wc is really just a joke you know its no big deal but then again maby you dont I think you only come on here to stir up the storm.  Soccer is a great sport and I love it dearly dont follow the Australian Crap they serve up but that is just me.

And in Victoria it will be a trend like everything else if you remember early ninties going to the basketball was in fashion as is going to the victory.
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

perthstormer wrote:
Biku wrote:

the refrence to Whitten Oval was that if your suport falls off you will have no choice I here sunshinge george cross will ground share with you or u can take up with green gully.

As for the WC that is union and the league Wc is really just a joke you know its no big deal but then again maby you dont I think you only come on here to stir up the storm.  Soccer is a great sport and I love it dearly dont follow the Australian Crap they serve up but that is just me.

And in Victoria it will be a trend like everything else if you remember early ninties going to the basketball was in fashion as is going to the victory.
I'm sure we could just play at the new stadium anyways.  Yeah it reminds me a bit of basketball in the 90s, except that was just one NBA league wheras soccer is worldwide.

Does this mean that rugby union will now become more popular than ever?  Surely league and union are similar enough for some of the popularity to come to league and we'll get 50K crowds for the storm too.

If you love soccer come along to the Victory games, it's awesome.    But I suspect you have no interest in the sport whatsoever.
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

well you suspect wrong
A I live in perth

B I follow the world game and have done for some time I follow Barnet FC and the mighty Gunners.

C I have no intrest in A league at this present moment  besides keeping an eye on the Glory results.  I know they have changed the league but i still have memories of the ol hellas and melbourne croatia days.
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

so how do u follow the storm
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why or how.  How i see as much as I possibly can use this site to keep me uptodate i use the net to catch replays of the games.  I lived in Melbourne for over 21 years was there when storm first started and have never looked back
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Good stuff, support from afar, i dig.  I barrack for liverpool after all so I shouldn't be surprised.