Andrew *dickhead* Demetriou

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html

He's a smart arse ...  >:( >:( >:(
"Make sure you come on Sunday because we want to get 80,000, 85-90,000, which would probably be a bit more than they'll get at the Storm game," Demetriou said.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Of course he is!! 
Sif, you'd get 80,000 into OP anyway - Andrew, you've shown your ignorance  :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Demetriou is an arrogant soft-c0ck who can stick his comments up his ar$e!!!  He's an out & out antagonizer - but then so are most of those GayFL WANKERS!  And they're up the Melbourne media's butt to boot.  I certainly won't be going to see his cheap imitation of a football game, IMO it's just a bunch of blokes in tutus hitting each other with handbags.  :thefinger: :thebirdman: :stfu:

Edit: Apologies if I've offended anyone with the above, but cheap shots like that just make me see red.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Neddy Seagoon wrote: Demetriou is an arrogant soft-c0ck who can stick his comments up his ar$e!!!  He's an out & out antagonizer - but then so are most of those GayFL WANKERS!  And they're up the Melbourne media's butt to boot.  I certainly won't be going to see his cheap imitation of a football game, IMO it's just a bunch of blokes in tutus hitting each other with handbags.  :thefinger: :thebirdman: :stfu:

:lol: :lol: :lol:  I like it  =D> :thumbright:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hang on - I'm an AFL fan, but in no way do I agree with stupid's comments ok??

I am so friggin sick of some bloody small minded people who can only see their own chosen sport and not give anything else a bloody go!!

You have offended me with that comment!!  >:(  And your generalisation of AFL people was a cheap shot too!!!!  >:(

Who the hell are you to bag out a sport of which you probably know nothing about anyway  ::)

Shut the frig up with the gayfl friggin comments for christsake!!!

I personally think RL is like cross country wrestling - but I LOVE it!!!

This is the sort of crap that makes loving BOTH sports so friggin hard in Melbourne because of stupid comments from both camps!!  ::)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I couldn't believe those comments when I saw that interview!  I am furious that someone running the AFL would take such a cheap shot as that!  The Storm have NEVER seriously bagged the AFL or tried to "convert" AFL fans - there has never been any attempt to steal fans or diminish their crowd numbers - the Storm have always tried to co-exist with the sport they know will always be #1 in Victoria.

It is a shame that two Victorian finals games will be on at the same time, as I know that the Storm would probably have promoted the AFL game as a curtain raiser, or vice versa, if they had had the chance, but it is out of our hands.  Demetriou's arrogant comments were unwarranted and uncalled for.  Farking "Sporting Capital" my ass!  It just goes to show how narrow-minded SOME AFL people are... :evil:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I've agreed with the comments directed at Demetriou he's an ass  ::)

I get annoyed when people spout off in general about AFL - it's huge in Melbourne and that will never change, get over it.

Yes Storm have never bagged AFL in public or through the media so why do so many Storm fans feel the need to give AFL fans crap??  It's not us running the bloody game or media outlets!

Maybe if the NRL was better administrated they'd have something to rival AFL in Melbourne, but they're not are they?  I'm majorly happy Storm is here but as a born & bred Victorian who cut my teeth on VFL/AFL, I will always love my game and as many RL fans do with their game, will always defend it!

I'm sure the 'gay' tag is annoying to many people too  :-\
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: Hang on - I'm an AFL fan, but in no way do I agree with stupid's comments ok??

I am so friggin sick of some bloody small minded people who can only see their own chosen sport and not give anything else a bloody go!!

You have offended me with that comment!!  >:(  And your generalisation of AFL people was a cheap shot too!!!!  >:(

Who the hell are you to bag out a sport of which you probably know nothing about anyway  ::)

Shut the frig up with the gayfl friggin comments for christsake!!!

I personally think RL is like cross country wrestling - but I LOVE it!!!

This is the sort of crap that makes loving BOTH sports so friggin hard in Melbourne because of stupid comments from both camps!!  ::)
Ok I think I need to clarify a few things here...

Firstly, I was raised in SA & Vic, I have lived in Melbourne for almost a decade, and grew up following Aussie Rules, so I know a fair bit about the game (although I stopped following it in the mid 1990s, and turned to 'League).  Many members of my family also follow AFL.

Secondly, my reference to "those...wankers" was intended as a poke at those who RUN the game (i.e. Demetriou & his cronies), & NOT as a stereotype of those who support it.  I am sure that there are many AFL fans who are as open-minded as you Tigger, who love AFL, but still respect, even actively follow, other codes.

Thirdly, I admit I was well out of line by using the 'gay' tag.  And I hasten to add that I'm sorry if anyone took umbridge to that too.  (In fact I used to work with a guy who was gay, and he was a damn good bloke, but I digress.)

Fourthly, I made sure to include an apology to anyone I've offended.  I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone.  OK so I may have been quite angry about Demetriou's crap-dribbling, but I can assure you that I am NOT, for even a fraction of a second, going to use that as an excuse.

In summary, I stuffed up.  And once again I offer a humble apology to you Tigger, and to anyone else who may have taken offence at my incoherent, semi-literate ranting & raving (which is all I really ever do on here quite frankly LOL)  :cussing: :director: :tard: :blah5: :confused2:  All I can do is endeavour to word my posts more carefully & clearly in future.  :)

-NS
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I think everyone here know's how passionate a Blues fan I am as well as a Storm fan. And like Tigger, I grew up with AFL, and then warmed to League. So whilst I wholeheartedly agree with your comments reguarding Demetrispew, I get frustrated with those about AFL.

Not because I'm against your right to dislike the game - that's yours - but as Storm fans who need to grow support in Melbourne, if we alienate AFL supporters by calling it gayFL we're not doing our cause any good. Not to mention the fact that it could offend gay supporters of the Storm (or AFL). Demetrispew is a blight on the game of AFL - he's a hard nosed bastard. But for all his ruthlessness, he highlights the incompetency of the administration of the NRL.

The crowd last night - 67,000 at the MCG - is what I would call a blight on AFL btw, two Victorian teams, one eliminated. And it turned out to be an absolute cracker of the game. The crowd should have been in excess of 80,000. The AFL is scared of our success. A few years ago, Demetrispew wouldn't have even mentioned our game. They've done this on purpose. They're running scared! Demetrispew looks good running away! :D
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

hrmmm... having read all this... if only people respected the views of people who follow that other football code too, football... or for the ignorant, otherwise known as soccer...  :P  :lol:  :P  :lol:

BTW - AFL is a crap game and southerners are simply brainwashed...  :P  :lol: (Note: I'm Victorian born and bred).
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger don't get me wrong ... I love AFL too but I just thought what Demetriou said was below the belt and uncalled for.

As for the tutus/handbags remark ... well I just thought that was funny ... the same as when others call RL players no-necks or whatever .... take it with a grain of salt  :lol:

I like both games and I am under no illusions as to AFL ever being taken over in Victoria ... it'd just be nice if the codes could complement each other (as shown by the pic in the HS which Buzz posted), rather than bitching.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hailstorm wrote:who follow that other football code too, football... or for the ignorant, otherwise known as soccer...
The ignorant?!?!?! Them's fighting words Hailstorm! You! Me! On the Bai Stand tomorrow! We'll settle this then!

Party poppers at 10 paces! Bring it ON! :D
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote: BTW - AFL is a crap game and southerners are simply brainwashed...  :P  :lol: (Note: I'm Victorian born and bred).
So being Victorian you must be referring to Tassie people as southerners, in this case are both brains washed? Or do they only have one brain that they share between both of their heads?

As for the comments themselves I think you are taking them a bit too seriously. Demetriou knows the AFL crowds could be better, he is trying to get close to a sell-out because he knows that Olympic Park will sell out. This week he's had to deal with his code being dumped off the back page of the paper by the Storm's success at the Dally Ms which has probably resulted in the AFL feeling threatened.
Buzz wrote: The AFL is scared of our success. A few years ago, Demetrispew wouldn't have even mentioned our game. They've done this on purpose. They're running scared! Demetrispew looks good running away! :D
As Buzz pointed out there are positives in the fact that he acknowledged the Storm crowd, even if it was as a tounge-in-cheek dig at the opposing code. It shows just how much the Storm's profile in Melbourne has been raised recently.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote:
Hailstorm wrote:who follow that other football code too, football... or for the ignorant, otherwise known as soccer...
The ignorant?!?!?! Them's fighting words Hailstorm! You! Me! On the Bai Stand tomorrow! We'll settle this then!

Party poppers at 10 paces! Bring it ON! :D
hehe... You're on!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Christabella wrote:
Hailstorm wrote: BTW - AFL is a crap game and southerners are simply brainwashed...  :P   :lol: (Note: I'm Victorian born and bred).
So being Victorian you must be referring to Tassie people as southerners, in this case are both brains washed? Or do they only have one brain that they share between both of their heads?
No, i mean Victorians too. I'm just one of the lucky ones to have been able to resist the evil AFL's brainwashing... some of us are stronger than others  :P  :lol:

As for Tassie people, i'll streer clear of that one... wouldn't want to make them feel bad with my answer...  :lol:  ;D  :P  :lol:
Last edited by Hailstorm on Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.