Socceroos

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Oh well, we played a good game but the gods (the ref) were against us  :'(

Well done Socceroos, at least no-one can say we didn't give it a bloody good shot on the world stage  :D  Good on em!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well done Socceroos, at least no-one can say we didn't give it a bloody good shot on the world stage  :D  Good on em!
Hear here!  :D 

A fantastic achievement by the boys to get as far as they did, they should be proud of what they've done.  Guus Hiddink is a coach par excellence.  =D>
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We was ROBBED i tell ya... ahh well... I felt better after hearing of the aussie lady who rammed into an italian lady's car who had italian flags waving from it, what better way to take out your frustration on an opposition fan :lol:  :lol:  :lol: (of course i only mean that lightheartedly)

Just to comment on the whole "which country to go for" stuff, IMHO, if you're born in this country, you're an Aussie, simple... who cares what blood is running thru your veins... its now Aussie blood... you should go for Australia first... if you are an Australian citizen then you're an Aussie, you've made the choice to be an Aussie, you should then follow Australia first and your country of origin second... I'm of the opinion if you don't want to support the country you're born in or you've chosen to call yours (citizenship), then you may as well leave. Some might not like that but its my opinion and i feel pretty strongly about it too.

Back to the Socceroos... good onya guys, you did us proud. It was great to be able to support (in the freezing cold i might add) my first choice team in a World Cup for once...
Last edited by Hailstorm on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Agreed Hailstorm re the 'who to support' - what's that saying about 'biting the hand that feeds you'?  :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

All in all the boys have a right to be pissed off but hey, they did go further than ever before & maybe now ppl will take the aussie team a bit more seriously  :D
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can someone please tell Tim Cahill to build a bridge. His whinging for the past two days is boring. Now is the time for all Socceroos to take it on the chin and be men about the loss to gain the respect of all football nations and fans. And to grow the not only the game but the name of Football in Australia.

The one thing I'm seeing on a number of Football forums is the lack of resepect people think the Socceroos had for any other team in the comp.

It is one thing to be confident but not to respect other teams that DID it harder to get into the final 32 is just poor form.

Congrats to them on getting as far as they did, but it comes down to one man and one man only....and he's Dutch
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Now is the time for all Socceroos to take it on the chin and be men about the loss to gain the respect of all football nations and fans
In order to gain the respect of all football nations and fans, shouldn't we be rioting on the streets? Shouldn't we be threatening the lives of the players who stuffed up? Shouldn't we be going to break the arms and legs of the ref?

Now that's how you gain respect in the football world!

;)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Funny, lots of reports I've been reading are saying that the Socceroos were a well behaved and very sportsman-like team overall.
I've not seen nor heard anything on a negative side to suggest our boys were nothing but the best of sports through the whole campaign. (I don't visit other football forums tho)
There were even stories from England, US, Italy & Spain to suggest that we're not the only ones having a bitch about the Aussie (& other countries) treatment at the hands of various refs who seem to favour the 'better' teams.......

As I've said, they did us proud, but if they have a whinge for a week or so - so be it!  Heaps of other teams have whinged much much longer for lesser things in ALL sports for years  :lol:

(btw, didn't England just hate Beckham a few years ago when he missed a penlaty or some such & that was bitched about for YEARS  ;))
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: I've not seen nor heard anything on a negative side to suggest our boys were nothing but the best of sports through the whole campaign. (I don't visit other football forums tho)
There were even stories from England, US, Italy & Spain to suggest that we're not the only ones having a bitch about the Aussie (& other countries) treatment at the hands of various refs who seem to favour the 'better' teams.......

As I've said, they did us proud, but if they have a whinge for a week or so - so be it!  Heaps of other teams have whinged much much longer for lesser things in ALL sports for years  :lol:

(btw, didn't England just hate Beckham a few years ago when he missed a penlaty or some such & that was bitched about for YEARS  ;))
Unlike this countries media other places give credit where it is due...selective reading again maybe? mmmm, some of the English media over night haven't been to kind to Cahill (which is my point if people READ).

Many places throughout Europe haven't been as nice about the playing style of the Socceroos and lets not forget that 'various refs' where a little more helpful than others in many of the games, which why 4 have been sent home, yes, (since you'll go the English bash like normal) including the English one.

And as for the Beckham sending off it was driven more by the print media over there who (like always) go over the top. Do you know any paper that would do 6 different issues in a day just to change the front page with more crap? The Sun and News of the World would.

As for rioting in the streets....maybe you missed many of the police reports and media reports back in March and April about where they expected the trouble to come from. Yes there was some trouble between German and English fans last week, but maybe, just maybe people would read all of the articles and press releases and not the 15 sec bites show on telly.

But then again, even Shane Warne thinks the English supporters and media are better than what happens out here.

Instead of rejoicing in how far the team got which should be the case Cahill's whining is sounding pathetic. Now although he did nothing in the games made Cahill can take a leaf out of how Viduka is handling himself when asked about the tournament.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Pfffft  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: Funny, lots of reports I've been reading are saying that the Socceroos were a well behaved and very sportsman-like team overall.
I've not seen nor heard anything on a negative side to suggest our boys were nothing but the best of sports through the whole campaign. (I don't visit other football forums tho)
But then there is this from the assistant coach
FIFA needs to change its view of Australia as a dirty team, assistant coach Graham Arnold said today.
mmmmm, lets not believe what we ONLY read in the Australia media....can we or is that to hard? just like real membership figures!

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

You're just soooo funny SW  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

(btw - I really do mean that, you're a real laugh)
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bend it like hill!

Bend it like Kimmorley Killers!

[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT