Happy Commonwealth Games!

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

And my VCR screwed up for some reason - so I can't watch it again either! Bugger! At least you got to see the Queen closer than I did!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Aww come on Buzz, I told you to come up to where I was - great view of her maj, (it sooo helps when I'm sitting with the media  ;):D
It was fun being at the 'G', I didn't understand most of it either (bloody Leunig & his stoopid poem) but it was pretty.  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote:

I'm looking forward to the closing ceremony too - more of a party atmosphere! Where are you sitting Christa?
Did someone say party? I feel so much better about it now :)
Section Q4 row DD I believe ... although Thinga did tell me this in a rather convoluted way :?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

What stand? Aisle? No idea where I'll be watching closing from - will try to get similar seats to opening I presume!

Rugby 7's was fun - but what the hell happened in the Aus Vs Eng game? One of our players was sin-binned (for 2 mins) at 5:24 in the first half. He didn't come on until after 2 minutes in the second half - that's 3.5 minutes! During that time (we were down to 5) - the Scums scored a try! Damned them to hell!
lotti

I have great respect for the athletes that are competing, most of them compete in a major, televised comp every two years.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Buzz wrote: What stand? Aisle? No idea where I'll be watching closing from - will try to get similar seats to opening I presume!

Rugby 7's was fun - but what the hell happened in the Aus Vs Eng game? One of our players was sin-binned (for 2 mins) at 5:24 in the first half. He didn't come on until after 2 minutes in the second half - that's 3.5 minutes! During that time (we were down to 5) - the Scums scored a try! Damned them to hell!
Haha that was funny when England came out  me and all the kiwis around me were cheering for the Poms.........Buzz did u have good seats? Man the 7's was a bit boring watching Sri Lanka was ridiculous, they should just stick to cricket.

Go Fiji and NZ!!!!!!!!!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

We were on level 3, aisle 15 - about the 30m mark I suppose. Not bad seats.

I did manage to check out our seats for the State of Origin - about the 45m mark! I'm ecstatic!!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Buzz wrote: We were on level 3, aisle 15 - about the 30m mark I suppose. Not bad seats.

I did manage to check out our seats for the State of Origin - about the 45m mark! I'm ecstatic!!
damn thats high up.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Freshy wrote:
Buzz wrote: We were on level 3, aisle 15 - about the 30m mark I suppose. Not bad seats.

damn thats high up.
It wasn't too high up actually. If I didn't have seats with Buzz for the Origin game i would definately consider the seats we had last night.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Damn, I was level 3, aisle 14 today. Row H seat 16. Bit high but wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I also got to check out my seats for SOO3, about a metre right of halfway.  :D

I wasn't all that fussed with the Rugby 7's. It was billed as a faster, more flowing version of Union. It was funny seeing a 3 on 3 scrum.

Of the 8 games this afternoon the only one with any atmosphere was the England vs Samoa game. England were widely booed when they kicked the ball into touch at halftime rather than continue playing. This meant that the entire crowd (minus the poms) got right behind Samoa in the 2nd half. 20k or so people were chanting Sam-oh-a!

Oh, and special mention goes to the Nuie Islanders who did a wonderful circuit of Telstra Dome after having lost to Kenya (I think). They did a hakka something like 6 times at various points around the edge of the ground.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hehehe, we got family tix for (4 ppl) at $44 & were on level 1 aisle 22  :lol:
I didn't get to go (another commitment) but the kids had a ball, they got to see the Aussies win  :)
Oh well, I get to see all the athletics finals all next week, plus the closing ceremony after the netball finals ;D
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: Hehehe, we got family tix for (4 ppl) at $44 & were on level 1 aisle 22  :lol:
I didn't get to go (another commitment) but the kids had a ball, they got to see the Aussies win   :)
Oh well, I get to see all the athletics finals all next week, plus the closing ceremony after the netball finals ;D
Tigger, were the kids wearing Storm jerseys? I saw a couple of kids in Storm jerseys on level 1 about 40 minutes or so before the game.

You going to the athletics on Sunday? And Tuesday evening?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Nope the kids weren't but the man was  :)
I'm actually not working on Sunday but will be at the 'G' Monday morning and the rest of the week in the evenings  :D
I'll PM my number to you & will try to meet u on a break.  One thing they do well there is feed us volunteers really well!! :lol:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Damn!

I watched the Bulldogs vs Tigers game on Nein last night and all I can say is DAMN!!!

Excitement, running rugby, bit hits, plenty of emotion, even a bit of biff. After watching the 7's it was good to watch rugby as it should be played. Hard!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote: Damn!

I watched the Bulldogs vs Tigers game on Nein last night and all I can say is DAMN!!!
Did you see me?
After El Masri's last try the camera focused on my friends El magic banner and I was stading next to them dancing, screaming and generally acting like a psychopath! :lol:

As a result of this I now have the aim to create enough of a scene at the Storm game to get on tv twice in the one round. :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]