First female gymnastics medal winner

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

It's not likely to get the coverage it deserves but a big congratulations is due to young Monette Russo to place 3rd in the womens all around event at the world championships in Melbourne. No doubt she was boosted by the home crowd but at the same time she would have felt some pressure to perform in front of her friends and relatives, despite this she did a brilliant job.

Take my word for it when I say it's a lot harder to medal in the all around event as you need to maintain consistancy over all apparatus. One major mistake on any of the four and you are out of contention.

Anyhow it's great to see Australian female gymnastics finally make a stand on the world stage ... and it appears much of the world has caught up with the traditional gymnastics nations: Russia, Romania etc.

Also I feel sorry for the second placed American girl losing the gold by the narrowest of margins.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
stormdancer05
Squall
Squall

:D :D :D GO MONETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
OI OI OI
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Do you take an interest in gymnastics?
I have two tickets to see her win Commonwealth Games all around gold *fingers crossed* but I would like to sell them.
I also have tickets to see her and the males in the apparatus finals and while I'd like to see the all around as well I don't want to miss the Dogs at home to the reigning premiers and then I'd also rather watch Michael Crocker's clash with Braith Anasta because those two always provide great comedy value - see Origin 3 2005 LOL
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]